> A LIQUID ACID PRODUCT, ACIDIC SCALE CONDITIONER, HOT SECTION, JET ENGINES PARTS
AP 988 is used as part of a multi-stage process to assist in the removal of oxides and complex metallic heat scales from jet engine components.
316 Stainless Steel Tank Units are recommended for use.
Use of Agitating Equipment will enhance results.
AP 988 is a clear liquid blend of organic acids and inhibitors.
- Liquid form provides ease of handling.
- Removes heat scale and metallic oxides.
- Approved for use on high strengh or heat resistant alloys.
- Does not contain mineral acids.
- Meets the requirements of ARP-1755B, category 4.
- PRATT & WHITNEY : SPMC-154
- ROLLS ROYCE : oMat 1/153C
- GE : CO4-183
- CFM : CP-2564
- IAE/V2500 : CoMat 01-542
- AIR FRANCE : SMI 53094-04
- SNECMA : DMR 70-281
- TURBOMECA : CCT LB540
- HONEYWELL : C04-183 (AS900 engine)
AP 988 is used as a 15-20% volume solution in water at a temperature of 80°-85°C (175-185°F). Parts should be degreased and cleaned prior to immersion. AP-988 is normally used as the acidic scale conditioner in the cleaning process for turbine engine components.
Typicaly the sequence would be:
1) HDL 202 or HDP-2888 (alkaline deruster)
2) AP 988 (acidic descaler)
3) HDP 2524 (alkaline permanganate)
4) HDL 202 or HDP 2888 (alkaline deruster)
5) Corrotek (in-process rust protection)
Average immersion times vary from 15 to 30 minutes.
Concentration can be maintained by standard titration procedures, in accordance with the method supplied by MagChem Inc.
- Appearance : light yellowish liquid
- Specific gravity : 1.20
- pH : (at 100%) 3.2 / (at 20%) 3.3
- Solubility : Readily miscible in water at recommended concentrations.