> A Two-Part Liquid Alkaline Permanganate Product Scale Oxidizer, Hot Section, Jet Engine Parts
HDL 2524 is used as part of a multi-stage process to assist in the removal of oxides and complex metallic heat scales from jet engine components.
HDL 2524 is a two-part product.
HDL 2524C consists of liquid caustic alkali.
HDL 2524P consists of a concentrated liquid permanganate.
- Liquid version easy to handle.
- Highly effective oxidizer of complex heat scales without corrosion to base metals (ferrous and high temperature alloys).
- Approved for use on high strength or high heat resistant alloys.
- Minimum sludge formation at the bottom of the tank.
Add 20% (by volume) of water directly in the tank. Add 30-50% (by volume) of HDL 2524C, and 15-25% (by volume) of HDL-2524P. Fill the tank with water to working level, then stir the solution to mix. Finally, heat solution to 82-93°C (180-200°F).
A heated tank constructed of 316 Stainless Steel is recommended.
Use of Agitating Equipment will generally enhance process results.
- GE : CO 4-273
- ROLLS ROYCE : oMat 198
- TURBOMECA : CCT LB-540
- PRATT & WHITNEY : SPMC 204-1 / HDL-2524-C ; SPMC 204-2 / HDL 2524-P
- IAE/V2500 : CoMat 01-547 & 01-546
- CFM : CP-2675
- Appearance : HDL-2524P : dark purple liquid / HDL-2524C: clear viscous liquid
- Specific gravity : (at 20°C) HDL-2524P: 1.16 /HDL-2524C : 1.32
- pH : (at 100%) HDL-2524P : 6-9 / HDL-2524C : >13