Socomore in A3TS meetings on light alloys treatments
Published on 16 décembre 2011
Socomore took part in A3TS international meeting in Paris this month. It was the second time these international conferences were organized on light alloys treatments.
The aim was to make a state of art regarding hexavalent chromium replacement in aircraft manufacturers processes around the world. Several Socomore customers were also present like Boeing, Dassault, Eurocopter (EADS group).
The good news for users and environmental issues is the fact that the life expectancy of hexavalent chromium in surface treatments seems to be shorter. Alternatives are tested and each main manufacturer begins to take position. It is interesting to note that, most of the time, a solution with chromium 6 will not be replaced by a single non chromate based solution but by several, depending on the type of application
s and the type of treated parts.
Emilie Champagne, our technical support manager in charge of these products, has led a conference regarding surface preparation prior to sol-gel. The sol-gel are key solutions to replace chemical conversions or anodizing by hexavalent chromium. Changing technology impacts all other treatments at all stages. Compromising between technical and HSE requirements will be necessary.
- International Paris Air Show - Socomore is hiring new talented people
- Are you looking for a job or an internship in a growing company ? Join us on our booth B157 (hall 2B)...
- Visit our booth at Paris International Air Show
- On stand B157 (Hall 2B) at the 2015 Paris International Air Show, taking place from 15th-21st June, Socomore...
- Socomore at MRO Miami 2015
- Socomore will participate in one of the industry’s largest annual tradeshows, Aviation Week’s MRO...
- New pre-saturated wipes launch : SOCOSAT PPA80
- SOCOMORE Launches New Pre-saturated Critical Cleaning Wipes: SOCOSAT PPA80
- Continuation of PT Technologies Europe Transition to Socomore
- www.pttechnologies.com redirected to www.socomore.com from January 02, 2015