Socomore in A3TS meetings on light alloys treatments
Published on 16 December 2011
Socomore took part in A3TS international meeting in Paris this month. It was the second time these international conferences were organized on light alloys treatments.
The aim was to make a state of art regarding hexavalent chromium replacement in aircraft manufacturers processes around the world. Several Socomore customers were also present like Boeing, Dassault, Eurocopter (EADS group).
The good news for users and environmental issues is the fact that the life expectancy of hexavalent chromium in surface treatments seems to be shorter. Alternatives are tested and each main manufacturer begins to take position. It is interesting to note that, most of the time, a solution with chromium 6 will not be replaced by a single non chromate based solution but by several, depending on the type of application
s and the type of treated parts.
Emilie Champagne, our technical support manager in charge of these products, has led a conference regarding surface preparation prior to sol-gel. The sol-gel are key solutions to replace chemical conversions or anodizing by hexavalent chromium. Changing technology impacts all other treatments at all stages. Compromising between technical and HSE requirements will be necessary.
- SOCOMORE present at the MRO Show in Dallas, April 5-7, 2016
- Aerochemicals, the global alliance of independent specialists in chemical products for aerospace, will...
- SOCOMORE’S NORTH AMERICAN WEBSITE REDIRECTED
- www.socomore-na.com will be redirected to www.socomore.com from 18th April 2016.
- Boeing Approves SOCOSURF A1858 - A1806 for Deoxidizing Baths
- Thanks to the work of our technical and sales teams in North America and Europe, BOEING has just approved...
- SINGAPORE AIRSHOW 2016
- Visit SOCOMORE on stand E09 (GIFAS) at Asia’s Largest Aerospace and Defence Event.
- FNN 2015 - From the network to the system
- Socomore will exhibit on Stand 30 at FNN - Fachkongress Netztechnik 2015, taking place in Messe Nürnberg...