Socomore in A3TS meetings on light alloys treatments
Published on 16 décembre 2011
Socomore took part in A3TS international meeting in Paris this month. It was the second time these international conferences were organized on light alloys treatments.
The aim was to make a state of art regarding hexavalent chromium replacement in aircraft manufacturers processes around the world. Several Socomore customers were also present like Boeing, Dassault, Eurocopter (EADS group).
The good news for users and environmental issues is the fact that the life expectancy of hexavalent chromium in surface treatments seems to be shorter. Alternatives are tested and each main manufacturer begins to take position. It is interesting to note that, most of the time, a solution with chromium 6 will not be replaced by a single non chromate based solution but by several, depending on the type of application
s and the type of treated parts.
Emilie Champagne, our technical support manager in charge of these products, has led a conference regarding surface preparation prior to sol-gel. The sol-gel are key solutions to replace chemical conversions or anodizing by hexavalent chromium. Changing technology impacts all other treatments at all stages. Compromising between technical and HSE requirements will be necessary.
- Socomore in North America conventions
- In the next few weeks, Socomore will be joining two B2B conventions, North American French Aerospace...
- Launch of a concept
- Tuesday, October 7, in the presence of Additive Manufacturing industry players attending a meeting organized...
- Socomore will be presenting its Sol-gel product ranges at the A3TS days in Nantes
- Attend its conference on protection against the filiform corrosion 9th October in Nantes, France.
- A 3rd production site with ISO 14001 certification for Group SOCOMORE
- SOCOMORE has just obtained the ISO 14001 certification (Environmental Management System) for its activities...
- SOCOMORE at the BMW Tech Day in Munich
- SOCOMORE will be at the BMW Tech Day September 18th in Munich and will present a conference.