Socomore in A3TS meetings on light alloys treatments
Published on 16 December 2011
Socomore took part in A3TS international meeting in Paris this month. It was the second time these international conferences were organized on light alloys treatments.
The aim was to make a state of art regarding hexavalent chromium replacement in aircraft manufacturers processes around the world. Several Socomore customers were also present like Boeing, Dassault, Eurocopter (EADS group).
The good news for users and environmental issues is the fact that the life expectancy of hexavalent chromium in surface treatments seems to be shorter. Alternatives are tested and each main manufacturer begins to take position. It is interesting to note that, most of the time, a solution with chromium 6 will not be replaced by a single non chromate based solution but by several, depending on the type of application
s and the type of treated parts.
Emilie Champagne, our technical support manager in charge of these products, has led a conference regarding surface preparation prior to sol-gel. The sol-gel are key solutions to replace chemical conversions or anodizing by hexavalent chromium. Changing technology impacts all other treatments at all stages. Compromising between technical and HSE requirements will be necessary.
- Introducing SOCOSAT 15233: the latest addition to our pre-saturated wipe range
- We are pleased to announce that yet another addition to our wipe range, SOCOSAT 15233, is now available....
- Introducing SOCOSAT 15100 Wipes
- We are pleased to announce the availability of the latest addition to our pre-saturated wipe range –...
- SHERWIN BABBCO will be at the WCNDT 2016 - Stand B71
- Sherwin Babbco, the joint venture between Sherwin Inc (USA) and Babbco Socomore NDT (France), will be...
- SOCOMORE launches new pouches for pre-saturated wipes
- As part of the framework for revolutionizing our wipe range, and to respond better to the needs of our...