Socomore in A3TS meetings on light alloys treatments
Published on 16 décembre 2011
Socomore took part in A3TS international meeting in Paris this month. It was the second time these international conferences were organized on light alloys treatments.
The aim was to make a state of art regarding hexavalent chromium replacement in aircraft manufacturers processes around the world. Several Socomore customers were also present like Boeing, Dassault, Eurocopter (EADS group).
The good news for users and environmental issues is the fact that the life expectancy of hexavalent chromium in surface treatments seems to be shorter. Alternatives are tested and each main manufacturer begins to take position. It is interesting to note that, most of the time, a solution with chromium 6 will not be replaced by a single non chromate based solution but by several, depending on the type of application
s and the type of treated parts.
Emilie Champagne, our technical support manager in charge of these products, has led a conference regarding surface preparation prior to sol-gel. The sol-gel are key solutions to replace chemical conversions or anodizing by hexavalent chromium. Changing technology impacts all other treatments at all stages. Compromising between technical and HSE requirements will be necessary.
- SOCOMORE at the BMW Tech Day in Munich
- SOCOMORE will be at the BMW Tech Day September 18th in Munich and will present a conference.
- SOCOMORE launches a new hexavalent chrome free process
- To meet the needs of the aerospace surface treatment companies who are trying to eliminate hexavalent...
- Come and meet SOCOMORE at SURFAIR and SUR/FIN conferences, and to the B to B ADM Sevilla
- SOCOMORE will take part in the AEROSPACE & DEFENSE MEETINGS from June 3-6 in Sevilla (Spain), the SURFAIR...
- PT Technologies brand becomes Socomore
- Socomore Group decides now to harmonise its brands for a clearer communication to its customers and partners...
- Join Socomore in the MRO 2014
- Socomore will be at MRO Americas, from 8 to 10 April, to the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona (USA)....