Socomore sets up a wiki for collaborative work
Published on 04 novembre 2010
Socomore, an SME of 90 people is based in Vannes. A great number of employees work at distance.
Either because they belong to the French sales team, or because they work in subsidiaries/offices all over the world or because they work part time from home. Thus, there is a geographical dissemination that necessitates innovative working methods or is it the innovative methods that allow this geographical dissemination ? The adoption of "new technologies" is very popular with the staff, which with the current trend of social networking comes as no surprise.
Since the beginning of 2010, Socomore has been progressively setting up a wiki process that enables all the employees to participate in the creation and the enrichment of a shared knowledge base. The Xwiki solution was chosen - a free software package with a simple interface. It works like a white board on which everybody can write, correct or improve what the former users have written. The aim is to instantaneously share all the essential information that is necessary for the development of the company’s products (the industrial market trends, the regulation and legislative changes, etc…) and to stock this information durably, From the headquarters in Vannes, from one of our subsidiaries in Shanghai or Moscow or from home, all Socomore users have access to its contents.
This collaborative working method allows any Socomore user to express a need for information which can then be provided by his or her colleagues who contribute and organize the contents themselves. Everyone can make a useful contribution concerning a given problem by providing information that is useful to themselves and others. The first example is the internal implementation of an ERP ; the employees are writing the entire procedures themselves to optimize this interface. On the Wiki you can also read exchanges on test result analyses for a new paint stripper at an aeronautics customer site, or on the structure of a production process following the visit to a customer who uses pre-saturated wipes.
The use of the Socomore wiki contributes to the progressive development of internal collaborative methods which aim to improve Socomore’s reactivity and performance regarding customer needs. In the competitive environment of chemical solutions for surface preparation and protection, it is essential to get the right information at the right time so that the right decision can be taken - this is key for Socomore.
- Join Socomore at INTAIRCOAT 2013, stand no. 10
- SOCOMORE will be at the international forum INTAIRCOAT, dedicated to treatment surface for aeronautics...
- Socomore in Aeromart Montreal 2013
- Socomore will take part in the international business convention for the aerospace industry, in the Montreal...
- Join Socomore in the MRO 2013
- Socomore will be exhibiting at MRO Americas, from 16 to 18 April, to the convention center in Atlanta,...
- PT Technologies Europe and Socomore mergers
- PT Technologies Europe and Socomore are delighted to announce their merger through Socomore’s acquisition...
- The new manufacturing site of Socomore certified ISO 9001 and EN 9100
- The new site for the manufacturing/ to manufacture solutions for surface protection and preparation ...