Socomore sets up a wiki for collaborative work
Published on 04 November 2010
Socomore, an SME of 90 people is based in Vannes. A great number of employees work at distance.
Either because they belong to the French sales team, or because they work in subsidiaries/offices all over the world or because they work part time from home. Thus, there is a geographical dissemination that necessitates innovative working methods or is it the innovative methods that allow this geographical dissemination ? The adoption of "new technologies" is very popular with the staff, which with the current trend of social networking comes as no surprise.
Since the beginning of 2010, Socomore has been progressively setting up a wiki process that enables all the employees to participate in the creation and the enrichment of a shared knowledge base. The Xwiki solution was chosen - a free software package with a simple interface. It works like a white board on which everybody can write, correct or improve what the former users have written. The aim is to instantaneously share all the essential information that is necessary for the development of the company’s products (the industrial market trends, the regulation and legislative changes, etc…) and to stock this information durably, From the headquarters in Vannes, from one of our subsidiaries in Shanghai or Moscow or from home, all Socomore users have access to its contents.
This collaborative working method allows any Socomore user to express a need for information which can then be provided by his or her colleagues who contribute and organize the contents themselves. Everyone can make a useful contribution concerning a given problem by providing information that is useful to themselves and others. The first example is the internal implementation of an ERP ; the employees are writing the entire procedures themselves to optimize this interface. On the Wiki you can also read exchanges on test result analyses for a new paint stripper at an aeronautics customer site, or on the structure of a production process following the visit to a customer who uses pre-saturated wipes.
The use of the Socomore wiki contributes to the progressive development of internal collaborative methods which aim to improve Socomore’s reactivity and performance regarding customer needs. In the competitive environment of chemical solutions for surface preparation and protection, it is essential to get the right information at the right time so that the right decision can be taken - this is key for Socomore.
- Socomore at MRO Miami 2015
- Socomore will participate in one of the industry’s largest annual tradeshows, Aviation Week’s MRO...
- New pre-saturated wipes launch : SOCOSAT PPA80
- SOCOMORE Launches New Pre-saturated Critical Cleaning Wipes: SOCOSAT PPA80
- Dynamold- Dysol Merger
- On January 1, 2015, Socomore Vice President, Jim McKinney, announced that Dynamold, Inc. will be merged...
- Continuation of PT Technologies Europe Transition to Socomore
- www.pttechnologies.com redirected to www.socomore.com from January 02, 2015
- Distribution partnership signed with RIO in the Middle East
- In August 2014, SOCOMORE signed a partnership contract with RIO Middle East Trading LLC to distribute...