> LONG TERM, TEMPORARY, PENETRATING, HYDROPHOBIC, CORROSION INHIBITING COMPOUND
SOCOPAC 50S provides a complete protection of materials, spare parts and assemblies in the most unfavourable climatic conditions. The film obtained forms a very efficient barrier against all the agents responsible for corrosion (water, oxygen, acids, basis and salts from industrial emissions, tropical atmospheres, etc...).
Its long-lasting corrosion preventive power allows a complete conservation guarantee after application on various materials such as aluminium and alloys, steels, light metals (titanium, magnesium), zinc and galvanized steel, copper and its alloys, cadmium. It can be applied without any risk of attack on painted surfaces, composite materials, plastics, rubbers, Plexiglas and polycarbonates (non crazing).
SOCOPAC 50S has been formulated to offer the highest safety to the users as well as to the pieces to be protected; it is absolutely free of harmful solvents, toluene, xylene or chlorinated compounds.
- After drying SOCOPAC 50S leaves an impervious durable protective film, resistant to temperature differentials, heavy rain, sea air, tropical atmospheres or corrosive industrial atmospheres.
- This film is medium hard, but wax-like and dry to the touch. Thanks to its flexibility, it can absorb slight impacts without damage or crazing. If the scratch is deeper, the capillary activity and polarity properties of the film towards the treated surface prevent the scratch from spreading. This facility of the protection called «self-healing» allows handling of the pieces even after a prolonged storage time, without loss of the protective value of the SOCOPAC 50S film.
- The dry film is intended to resist several years outside and above all to remain stable during this period. It does not suffer air-damage, by exposure to sun or to heat; it is not subjected to any cross linking or polymerisation and can be therefore removed several years after application as easily as the first day.
- Though it has a particularly pronounced hydrophobic quality, SOCOPAC 50S was not designed for the role of a specifically hydrophobic compound. However its capillary properties allow it to protect and repel water in an efficient way any material normally exposed to open air. In cases of humid, enclosed conditions, materials and parts exposed to wide differences in temperature, before protection it is necessary to apply a water-repellent compound such as WADIS 24, or SOCOPAC 25H where a total thickness greater than 50 microns is required, before the SOCOPAC 50S coating.
- DGA (French Army) : Fiche identification n° 4203 / AIR 8062 Type I-II (conform)
- AIRBUS : CML 15-007 / IPS 09-08-002-02 / Type II (conform)
- EADS CASA : Z11505
- SNECMA : DMR 75-610
- TURBOMECA : CCT 00706
- FORD :
- DASSAULT AVIATION : DGQT 1.7.0103 Type III (conform)
- LEROY SOMER : Rapport d'essai et d'homologation A.5/T.001
- SPANAIR :
- SOCOPAC 50S can be applied by spraying (classic or airless spray gun), by dipping or by brushing (the operator must check that the deposited film is homogeneous and of the correct thickness). For a second layer, allow 2 hours before applying a new coat.
- For dipping, it is recommended to dilute SOCOPAC 50S with HYSO 96/1 at a concentration of about 30 %.
- SOCOPAC 50S must be applied on clean and dry surfaces. When there is any doubt about the substrate humidity, it is better to apply WADIS or SOCOPAC 25 H. After application of one of these water displacing compounds, leave to dry for 1 to 2 hours before applying the SOCOPAC 50S protection.
SOCOPAC 50S can be removed in different ways depending on the equipment available and local conditions.
1) With cleaning solvents without water rinsing, use HYSO 96/1, or DIESTONE DLS or D, or SOCOSOLV 95/1, or better for accelerated drying: SOCOSOLV 99/1.
2) With cleaning compounds followed by water rinsing: use HYSOMUL MC. After 10 minutes contact, rinse with water (hot water is preferably).
3) With a steam cleaning machine, set the temperature to over 80° C (176° F); some HYSOMUL MC (10 to 20 %) can be added.
- Appearance : thixotropic liquid
- Specific gravity : (at 20°C/68°F) 0.88
- Flash point : (ISO 2592) 43°C/109°F
- Viscosity cup ISO 2431-n°4 : 70 seconds
- Colour : brown-red
- Covering capacity : 17m²/L (for a film of 25µ) ; 8.5m²/L (for a film of 50µ)
- Advised dry film thickness : 25 to 100µ
- Drying time (film of 25µ at 20°C/68°F) : fast to handling: approximately 4 hours / total drying time: approximately 12 hours
- Film appearance : medium-hard, dry, wax-like
- Film thickness by spraying : 25 to 200µ
- Film thickness by dipping : (diluted at 30%) 50 to 80µ
- Film resistance to temperature : -55°C à 150°C (- 67°F to + 302°F)
- Film resistance to humid tropical air : on steel (chamber at 35 °C/95°F and 100 % humidity) : > 6 months
- Film resistance to alternated immersion into sea water : on steel ( AIR 0761/NFA 91411) : > 1000 hours (50µ)
- Film resistance to salt spray fog NF X 41002 : on steel (XC18S) : 25µ = > 500 hours ; 50µ = > 1000 hours / on alloyed aluminium (2024) : > 1000 hours (50µ)