Surface preparation before sol-gel at SURFAIR
Published on 14 June 2010
Socomore presented solutions of preparation developed before sol-gel application at Surfair conferences.
The sol-gel technology is free of chromate and enables to protect the surfaces and/or re-inforce the paint adherence. The introduction of sol-gel can not only modify the application method used in the past but it also drastically changes the surface preparation. Of course, the aim of the surface preparation remains the same but it needs to change to satisfy new safety and environmental regulations. Surface treatment operations need to reduce the VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compound) during the degreasing operations. They must eliminate the borate based solutions classified R61 by the 30th adaptation directive 2008/58/CE/June 2009. They must also eliminate the chromate (classified CMR) and deoxidizing bath fluorides.
Please find the advantages of the following solutions DIESTONE A8284, DIESTONE DLS, SOCOCLEAN A3431, COMORAL DXP, SOCOSURF A1858/A1806, SOCOCLEAN A2711 in this presentation http://www.socomore.com/data/public/Presentation-surfair-2010-final.pdf
- Introducing SOCOSAT 15233: the latest addition to our pre-saturated wipe range
- We are pleased to announce that yet another addition to our wipe range, SOCOSAT 15233, is now available....
- Introducing SOCOSAT 15100 Wipes
- We are pleased to announce the availability of the latest addition to our pre-saturated wipe range –...
- SHERWIN BABBCO will be at the WCNDT 2016 - Stand B71
- Sherwin Babbco, the joint venture between Sherwin Inc (USA) and Babbco Socomore NDT (France), will be...
- SOCOMORE launches new pouches for pre-saturated wipes
- As part of the framework for revolutionizing our wipe range, and to respond better to the needs of our...