Surface preparation before sol-gel at SURFAIR
Published on 14 juin 2010
Socomore presented solutions of preparation developed before sol-gel application at Surfair conferences.
The sol-gel technology is free of chromate and enables to protect the surfaces and/or re-inforce the paint adherence. The introduction of sol-gel can not only modify the application method used in the past but it also drastically changes the surface preparation. Of course, the aim of the surface preparation remains the same but it needs to change to satisfy new safety and environmental regulations. Surface treatment operations need to reduce the VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compound) during the degreasing operations. They must eliminate the borate based solutions classified R61 by the 30th adaptation directive 2008/58/CE/June 2009. They must also eliminate the chromate (classified CMR) and deoxidizing bath fluorides.
Please find the advantages of the following solutions DIESTONE A8284, DIESTONE DLS, SOCOCLEAN A3431, COMORAL DXP, SOCOSURF A1858/A1806, SOCOCLEAN A2711 in this presentation http://www.socomore.com/data/public/Presentation-surfair-2010-final.pdf
- Socomore won an award for its research in coatings for aerospace
- Our product manager, Dr Nadia Moreau, was honoured with the Paul Dufour award for her research paper...
- SOCOMORE will participate at the DUBAI Air Show in Dubai World Central Airport from 17 to 21 November 2013
- For the first time, Socomore will be exhibiting at the International DUBAI Air Show on stand 841 within...
- Socomore will be exhibiting at the Aero Engineering show in Birmingham, UK
- Come and meet Socomore on stand C5, Hall 5, at the Aero Engineering show, on 12th and 13th November in...
- Shelf life extension for more than 100 Socomore products
- Shelf life for more than 100 Socomore products extends from 24 to 36 months..
- Socomore will be presenting its Sol-gel product ranges at Ecolromat European Congress
- Come and meet Socomore on booth n°1 at Mulhouse on 17 and 18 October, and attend the conference on protection...