Surface preparation before sol-gel at SURFAIR
Published on 14 juin 2010
Socomore presented solutions of preparation developed before sol-gel application at Surfair conferences.
The sol-gel technology is free of chromate and enables to protect the surfaces and/or re-inforce the paint adherence. The introduction of sol-gel can not only modify the application method used in the past but it also drastically changes the surface preparation. Of course, the aim of the surface preparation remains the same but it needs to change to satisfy new safety and environmental regulations. Surface treatment operations need to reduce the VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compound) during the degreasing operations. They must eliminate the borate based solutions classified R61 by the 30th adaptation directive 2008/58/CE/June 2009. They must also eliminate the chromate (classified CMR) and deoxidizing bath fluorides.
Please find the advantages of the following solutions DIESTONE A8284, DIESTONE DLS, SOCOCLEAN A3431, COMORAL DXP, SOCOSURF A1858/A1806, SOCOCLEAN A2711 in this presentation http://www.socomore.com/data/public/Presentation-surfair-2010-final.pdf
- PT Technologies brand becomes Socomore
- Socomore Group decides now to harmonise its brands for a clearer communication to its customers and partners...
- Join Socomore in the MRO 2014
- Socomore will be at MRO Americas, from 8 to 10 April, to the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona (USA)....
- Meet Socomore at the Expo Ferroviaria Show in Turin from 1st to 3rd April 2014.
- Socomore will be at the Expo Ferroviaria show and speaker at the Railcorr.
- Socomore will be exhibiting at the Aerospace & Defense Supplier Summit in Seattle, USA.
- Meet our Socomore team at the Aerospace & Defense Supplier Summit in Seattle from 10th to 13th March...
- Socomore won an award for its research in coatings for aerospace
- Our product manager, Dr Nadia Moreau, was honoured with the Paul Dufour award for her research paper...