Surface preparation before sol-gel at SURFAIR
Published on 14 June 2010
Socomore presented solutions of preparation developed before sol-gel application at Surfair conferences.
The sol-gel technology is free of chromate and enables to protect the surfaces and/or re-inforce the paint adherence. The introduction of sol-gel can not only modify the application method used in the past but it also drastically changes the surface preparation. Of course, the aim of the surface preparation remains the same but it needs to change to satisfy new safety and environmental regulations. Surface treatment operations need to reduce the VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compound) during the degreasing operations. They must eliminate the borate based solutions classified R61 by the 30th adaptation directive 2008/58/CE/June 2009. They must also eliminate the chromate (classified CMR) and deoxidizing bath fluorides.
Please find the advantages of the following solutions DIESTONE A8284, DIESTONE DLS, SOCOCLEAN A3431, COMORAL DXP, SOCOSURF A1858/A1806, SOCOCLEAN A2711 in this presentation http://www.socomore.com/data/public/Presentation-surfair-2010-final.pdf
- Visit our booth at Paris International Air Show
- On stand B157 (Hall 2B) at the 2015 Paris International Air Show, taking place from 15th-21st June, Socomore...
- Socomore will present new TRIVALENT CHROMIUM PROCESS (TCP) at NASF SUR/FIN
- On June 8-10th, SOCOMORE Technical Support manager, Juliana Garcia, will be presenting the NEW TRIVALENT...
- Socomore Welcomes New Vice President
- Effective April 6th 2015, SOCOMORE was pleased to welcome ANDREW LEECH, our new VICE PRESIDENT – NORTH...
- Socomore at MRO Miami 2015
- Socomore will participate in one of the industry’s largest annual tradeshows, Aviation Week’s MRO...
- New pre-saturated wipes launch : SOCOSAT PPA80
- SOCOMORE Launches New Pre-saturated Critical Cleaning Wipes: SOCOSAT PPA80