BOMBARDIER QUALIFIES SOCOSURF A1858/SOCOSURF A1806
SOCOSURF A1858/A1806, our bath deoxidizer, has been qualified by BOMBARDIER to BAPS 180-032*. It can now be used by BOMBARDIER factories and subcontractors to deoxidize aluminium in surface treatment operations.
As SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 is already approved by Airbus, Boeing, Dassault Aviation and Safran, etc., and now by Bombardier, it gives subcontractors the option of using one bath for several processes.
Advantages for customers
- SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 is the only non-chromate product with a triple BOMBARDIER, BOEING & AIRBUS qualification.
- SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 outperformed the bath renewal conditions defined by BAPS 180-032 (Max Cu concentration levels), meaning a SOCOSURF A1858/ A1806 bath can be used for (+50%) longer than baths using other chrome free deoxidizers. A SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 bath remains stable and performs better for longer than our competitors, even with a high concentration of metal elements, which potentially results in longer intervals between renewals.
Bombardier approved processes
- Deoxidizing aluminium alloys
- Desmutting after alkaline etching or chemical milling
- Deoxidizing before chemical conversion
- Deoxidizing before anodization
- Deoxidizing before chemical milling
Other SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 approvals
- AIRBUS France
- AIRBUS Groupe
- AIRBUS UK
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- EADS CASA
- TURBOMECA / SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS
- THALES ALENIA SPACE
SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 is part of Socomore’s full range of REACH compliant products for Aluminium Surface Treatment lines. The other products are SOCOCLEAN A3432, a degreaser, and SOCOSURF TCS/ SOCOSURF PACS, a Cr(III) based solution for chemical conversion and sealing after anodizing.
*Bombardier Aerospace Procedural Standards (BAPS). BAPS 180-032 concerns Acid Cleaning and Deoxidizing Aluminum Alloys.