The Maintenance Technician will work in part to develop and follow a Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Program as well as aid in designing and implementing new Socomore processes as they come to light. The incumbent will be a part of the 6S/Lean Manufacturing environment that is crucial to the success of Socomore TX.
- Following OEM maintenance guidelines for equipment
- Scheduling outages for preventative and predictive maintenance with production
- Maintaining existing process equipment and retrofitting/repurposing end of life cycle equipment’s when possible
- Assisting Maintenance Technician II Skilled labors as needed (electrical, welding, etc.)
- Working with production personnel to optimize existing processes through engineering processes
- Assembling and putting in place all related manufacturing requirements (pumps, workbenches, racking, tanks, extraction equipment, etc.)
- General facility janitorial duties
- Aid in orchestrating new process flows
- Participate in train the trainer operations
- Contacting potential contractors for bids on upcoming projects
- Compiling bids, materials pricing, lead times for delivery/install, etc.
- Work with production to understand process flows as they are currently
- Help promote and implement waste reduction projects
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1+ year experience working in a manufacturing environment in a maintenance or production capacity
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail with a safety-first focus
- Experience with Kaizen, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 6S operation mentality
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, crawl for 8 hours per day (normal work hours 7 AM-3:30 PM)
- Ability to work overtime as needed (after hours or weekends)
- Forklift certification