Apply working knowledge of chemical manufacturing to coordinate and oversee project duties as assigned from concept/design to implementation launch of new and modified processes ensuring timely delivery, cost, and quality.
- As assigned coordinate all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning & completion
- Knowledge of process startup (QI-QO-QP)
- Creating and overseeing standardized operating procedures (SOPs)
- Work with the QHSE department on all new lab projects from design to commissioning as needed
- Maintaining all documentation for projects, such as work instructions and revision drawings
- Determine ways to minimize operating costs, such as equipment justification to enhance performance.
- Collaborate with colleagues on issues like cost projections and reduction, as well as run times.
- Interface with suppliers regarding the manufacturing process equipment sourcing.
- Utilize working knowledge of CAD to layout and design process workspaces
- Look at issues like space requirements and machinery layout to create an optimized workflow.
- Become an expert on manufacturing products, including troubleshooting processes and products.
- Comply with all aspects of our AS9100 Quality Systems to ensure defect-free products through continuous improvement in our procedures and processes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field
- Six Sigma Certification or ability to obtain
- Must have or obtain and maintain forklift certification
- Production experience in chemical manufacturing facility preferably in the aerospace industry
- Experience troubleshooting equipment
- Process development, installation & commissioning experience a plus
- Must be able to effectively manage projects and resources allocation
- Must have the ability to demonstrate and train in proper procedures
- Knowledge of automated processes in a high-speed manufacturing environment
- Process optimization, efficiency, and improvements
- 6S Kaizen
- Ability to multi-task and operate between multiple locations
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes & projects on a regular basis
- Knowledge of CAD software
- Understand P&ID Plans and Industry Specifications
- SCADA Hardware and Software (Wonderware, iFix, FactoryTalk View, etc.)
- PLC programming using ladder logic and/or function block
- HMI programming