High flash point biodegradable cleaning solvent for critical surface preparation operations prior to painting, coating, bonding, sealing or final assembly.
DS-108 is a solvent for precision cleaning in the aerospace industry. DS-108 is a very effective cleaner on a wide range of soils including hydrocarbon soils, adhesives, epoxies, sealants, inks, dyes and common shop contaminants. DS-108 evaporates quickly at room temperature leaving a perfectly clean surface ready for painting, coating, bonding, sealing or final assembly.
DS-108 is also used in the electronics industry for flux removal, the automotive industry, vinyl window manufacturing, screen-printing, check printing equipment, weapons cleaning and graffiti removal.
- Excellent cleaning effectiveness
- Dries quickly and leaves no residue
- Low toxicity (U.S. Army Surgeon General Toxicity Clearance)
- Bio-based renewable resource. It has been approved for inclusion in the Federal Biobased Preferred
- Procurement Program (FB4P).
- Safe to use on a wide variety of surfaces
- No Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP)
- EPA SNAP approved
- Aerospace NESHAP compliant
DS-108 was one of the first bio-based solvent blends.
Packaging sizes available in North America (for other areas, see with your local sales contact):
DS-108 is a product from the DYSOL range of solvents and is also available in a variety of pre-saturated wipe products. Wipes are qualified to SAE AMS 3819C, BMS15-5F and DMS 1820-1.
- Part 108.1 / 54-gal drum / NSN 7930-01-367-0997
- Part 108.2 / 5-gal jerrican / NSN 7930-01-367-0996
- Part 108.3 / 4 x 1-gal case / NSN 7930-01-367-0995
- Part 108.4 / 24 x 1-pint case / NSN 7930-01-367-0994
- Part 108.5 / 1-gallon