Description of SOCOGEL A0104
Chrome free sol-gel that promotes adhesion and protects against corrosion. Use prior to painting and bonding.
SOCOGEL A0104 is a spray application sol-gel that forms a multi-functional high-performance coating once polymerized. It is chromium and CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic) free. The spray application process uses less energy than bath applications, and does not require water or waste treatment.
This coating technology is protected by the granted patent FR 05/51417, and the published patent WO 200/003828.
SOCOGEL A0104 features:
- Adhesion promotion prior to painting and bonding (ISO 2409).
- Corrosion protection (SST) on al-rich AA (5xxxx and 6xxxx series) (ISO 9227).
- Corrosion protection (SST) on AIRBUS paint system (ISO 9227): > 3000h.
- Protection against filiform corrosion.
- Multi-substrate adhesion (metals, plastics, composites, glass) (ISO 2409).
- Chemical protection (Skydrol®, solvents, acids, base) (ISO 2812).
- Mechanical protection (impact, scratches) (ISO 1518).
- Makes surfaces easier to clean.
SOCOGEL A0104 can be applied on metals, plastics, composites or glass. It is used to prepare elementary parts and sub-assemblies prior to painting. In some industries it can replace chromated primers.