Description of SOCOGEL A0104
Chrome free sol-gel that promotes adhesion and protects against corrosion. Use prior to painting and bonding.
SOCOGEL A0104 is a spray application sol-gel that forms a multi-functional high-performance coating once polymerized. It is chromium and CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic, reprotoxic) free. The spray application process uses less energy than bath applications, and does not require water or waste treatment.
This coating technology is protected by the granted patent FR 05/51417, and the published patent WO 200/003828.
SOCOGEL A0104 features:
- Adhesion promotion prior to painting and bonding (ISO 2409).
- Corrosion protection (SST) on al-rich AA (5xxxx and 6xxxx series) (ISO 9227).
- Corrosion protection (SST) on AIRBUS paint system (ISO 9227): > 3000h.
- Protection against filiform corrosion.
- Multi-substrate adhesion (metals, plastics, composites, glass) (ISO 2409).
- Chemical protection (Skydrol®, solvents, acids, base) (ISO 2812).
- Mechanical protection (impact, scratches) (ISO 1518).
- Makes surfaces easier to clean.
SOCOGEL A0104 can be applied on metals, plastics, composites or glass. It is used to prepare elementary parts and sub-assemblies prior to painting. In some industries it can replace chromated primers.
Store in original closed packaging between 0 °C and 40 °C (32 °F and 104 °F). Do not allow the components to freeze.
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture. The best before date is written on the product label under “use before”.
For more information regarding the products dangers, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation.
In confined spaces, appropriate ventilation and personal protective equipment are recommended. (because of methanol creation when mixing parts).
For industrial use only.
Directions for use
SOCOGEL A0104 is a two-component product: one part C, one part F.
• Pour part C into part F.
• Mix for 2 hours at room temperature (mix continuously in a closed container).
• Apply within 6 hours.
• The kits should only be used once, in a single operation. Do not use kits that are already open.
SOGOGEL A0104 must be applied on a surface that has been thoroughly degreased with DIESTONE DLS and deoxidized (chemically, mechanically or by manual abrasion) to obtain a water break-free surface.
On aluminium, degrease with SOCOCLEAN A3431 and deoxidize:
• with SOCOSURF A1858 / A1806 (bath)
• with SOCOSURF A1858 / A1806 WS (spray -watertight washing machine), or
• with SOCOCLEAN A1855 (gel) for localized areas
On titanium, activate the surface with HDL 202 and strip with SOCOSURF A1858.
SOCOGEL A0104 can be applied by spraying (KREMLIN pneumatic spray gun M22A HPA or HVLP type). Small parts can be dipped.
Cure parts at a minimum of 110 °C for 30 minutes.