Description of SOCOGEL B0202 - SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE
Pre-paint surface preparation sol-gel with enhanced adhesion and anti-corrosion properties. Increases adhesion of aircraft primer and paint on metallic surfaces.
SOCOGEL B0202 is a sol-gel developed from a technology licensed by BOEING.
Solgel conversion products are aqueous solutions of zirconium salts, activated by an organo-silicon compound. After application, the Solgel solution forms a high performance hybrid coating, which enhances the adhesion of paint systems on metals and alloys such as aluminium, titanium, stainless steel.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE performances comply with current aeronautical requirements and are an interesting alternative to chromate conversion technologies that are recognised as highly harmful for workers (classification H350: may cause cancer) which generate increasing waste treatment costs (baths, effluents). SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE use is also more economical in terms of operating costs and effluent treatment, because no rinsing is required after application.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE is available in the form of 2 component kits, in a colourless version (SOCOGEL B0202) or blue one (SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE) used to visualise the product when applied.
This coating technology is covered by one or more of the following patents: 6,077,885 – 5,866,652 – 792922 – 2,198,548 – 5,939,197 – 5,849,110 – 5,814,137 – 5,869,141 – 5,789,085 – 5,869,140 – 7,001,666 – 6,605,365 – 6,770,371 – 5,958,578 – 6,037,060 – US20040099183.
- Efficacious alternative to chromate conversions based on Boeing patented technology.
- Respect the environment as it is a no rinsing product.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE is a chromium free conversion product. The adhesion of primers and epoxy based paints on metallic surfaces are significantly increased. These coatings could be water or solvent-based, high solids content primers or paints.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE is compatible with composite materials.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE is designed for surface preparation prior to painting on basic parts, sub-units, or complete aircraft. It is designed for OEM and for MRO during airframe maintenance operations.
Store in original closed packaging below 40 °C/104 °F.
Shelf life: 12 months from date of packaging. The best before date is written on the product label by “use before”.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation.
The kits must be used in a single operation. Don’t use previously opened units.
In confined spaces, appropriate ventilation and personal protective equipment are recommended.
For industrial use only.
Directions for use
• Two-component product : one part C and one part G (colourless version) or E (blue version).
• Dispense Part C into part G (colourless version) or in Part E (blue version).
• Depending on the kit size, mix or shake thoroughly for a minimum of 30 seconds (for kits exceeding 1 litre, use a clean mixer).
• Allow the solution to induct for a minimum of 30 minutes. Remix prior to application.
WARNING! the two parts must be free of precipitates. If not, the material must be rejected. The original packaging must be perfectly closed. SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B202 BLUE is a two-component product with a limited shelf life. These are single-use kits.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE must be applied on a surface that has been perfectly degreased and deoxidised, either chemically, mechanically or by manual sanding to give a water break-free surface).
• Mask high strength steel parts as landing gears to prevent any contacts with liquid SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE during the application.
• Clean the area to be painted with DIESTONE DLS wipes.
• Abrade the area to be painted with scotch brite or fine abrasive paper (minimum 240 grade sandpaper (320 grade recommended).
• Clean the surface with DIESTONE DLS wipes and allows drying.
SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE can be applied by spraying, brushing, dipping or by wiping.
Note: Apply SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE within 24 hours of deoxidising. Protect coated surface from contamination if the primer or paint is not applied straight after the SOCOGEL treatment.
• Stainless steel spray guns are recommended such as Gravity SATA jet 5000B or KREMLIN MG22G-HPA (or equivalents) with following parameters: Nozzle size: 1.3 mm & Air pressure:5/6 bars & Applications distance: 1.25+/-0.25 meter. Any equipment including HVLP – AIRLESS – AIRMIX – Hand pumps, sprayers…selected after trials.
• Method: Spray the product onto the surface until it is completely wetted, but without product flowing. An uneven drainage may result in non-uniform appearance. Remove excess solution where it becomes trapped such as along drip edges. Blot or sponge excess solution so as to leave a thin, wet film on the part surface.
• Use only SOCOSAT PPA60 (29×42 cm) wipes. Take one new pouch of wipes and pour 1L of mixed SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE into it. Be sure that all wipes are homogeneously saturated before applying.
• Refer to the application guide of SOCOGEL B0202 or SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE in wipes.
If wettability troubles occur, this reveals bad surface preparation.
For any application, allow to dry for 1 hour minimum before applying the primer/paint system, but within 11 hours after drying. The drying time may be reduced by forced air heating at 60°C (120°F) for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- BMS 10-128 QPL Rev A Type I Grade A, Class A (SOCOGEL B0202)
- BMS 10-128 QPL Rev A Type I Grade A, Class B (SOCOGEL B0202 Blue)
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGT 345929 (SOCOGEL B0202)
- EMPIS A15B214A1 (SOCOGEL B0202) et EMPIS A15B214A2 (SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE)
- CMS-CT-401 QPL (SOCOGEL B0202 & SOCOGEL B0202 BLUE)
- UNITED AIRLINES
- M&E: 00-0608-3-1880, Product code: PRI3014-500ml
- AMS 3095 QPL