Description of WB-200
MANUFACTURER: SHERWIN (US) / NDT-Europa (NL)
- Fluorescent water-based penetrant Type I, Method A, Level 2.
- Aqua-Chek WB-200 is a free-rinsing, water-washable, bio-degradable, water-base fluorescent penetrant.
- It is supplied either as WB-200 (ready-to-use form) or as WB-200C (as a “concentrate”).
- WB-200 has exceptional self-developing properties.
- WB-200 contains no oil or petroleum distillates. Waste treatment and disposal costs are reduced. Resources are conserved.
- WB-200 is the WB-200C diluted with 50 % of water.
- D-90G Dry Powder Developer (form a)
- D-100 Non aqueous Developer (form d)
- D-106 Non aqueous Developer (form d)
- D-110A.1 Water-suspendable (form c)
Transport / Handling: refer to Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Keep away from moisture and daylight.
Temperature range: 0 °C à 50 °C.
Keep packaging closed after taking out some of the product
Directions for use
These instructions describe the basic process. They may need to be amended by the user to comply with applicable specifications and/or inspection criteria provided by the contracting agency.
Mixing od WB-200C:
Mix Aqua-Chek WB-200C concentrate with equal parts by volume of water. Deionised water is preferred but not required. Adding the concentrate slowly to the water while stirring is the more efficient mixing method.
Apply a thin coat of WB-200 to clean, dry surfaces by spraying, flowing, brushing or dipping.Dwell-Time: a 10 minute, or longer, dwell time is mandatory. Allow the penetrant to drain from the part. This not only conserves material, it improves performance.
Use a quick, ambient temperature water wash to rinse WB-200 from the part surface. Avoid washing entrapped penetrant from surface flaws- avoid high water pressures and temperatures- avoid prolonged washing and scrubbing. Wash under UV-A light.
Begin drying procedure immediately after the water wash- do not allow water to stand or puddle on the part”s surface. Use pressurized air to disperse and remove as much excess surface water as possible before placing part in oven. Place part in a recirculating oven set no higher than 70 °C just long enough to evaporate surface moisture. Use a heat gun to dry parts too large to fit in oven- avoid overheating.
WB-200 is self-developing. To amplify flaw marks, or in critical inspection situations, use a developer such as the Sherwin developers listed above.
In a UV-A booth, with ambient visible light level less than 20 lux, and with UV-A irradiance of at least 1000 µW/cm² (better : 1500 µW/cm²) on the surface under inspection, it is also possible to use actinic blue light.
Water evaporation should be anticipated. Evaporation rate will depend on atmospheric conditions, “tank head room”, etc. When tank is filled, record refractometer reading, then take periodic readings. As required, add water to restore to original reading. Stay within the content 45-55%