Description of DMS-4-828
Epoxy-filled liquid resin used to shim gaps in metal and composite assemblies in airframe assemblies and equipment alignment applications.
Moldable shims are also used in a wide variety of equipment alignment applications as well as land, air and sea applications.
- Two part (room temperature storage) 1lb (pt.), 3lb (qt.), 10lb (gal.)
- Kits 200g semkit/techkit mix in tube
- 2 part field kits (100g / 50g) with premeasured catalyst
• Shimming gaps and offsets at the assembly level (metal and composites)
• Cast in place shim, forming complex contours on parts machined undersize at detail level
• Close tolerance molding to produce accurate and identical parts
• Repair of dents, holes and faring applications
• Economical correction of tooling
• Alignment of heavy machine or motor parts
• Alignment of propulsion systems (marine applications, chocking)
- AMS 3726 1/2/3, MB 1733, DHMS A6.09, 7614-947941, HMS 1068, MMM-A-1754, NSN 8030-01-300-0796 (Two Part Field Kit), NSN 8030-01-300-0797 (Quart Kit), NSN 8030-01-298-3619 (50 gram Field Kit), NSN 8040-00-738-6429, NSN 8040-00-088-7186