Description of MS-26 FROZEN SHEETS
Socomore’s MS-26 pre-catalyzed frozen sheets are moldable shim materials in which the curing process has been inhibited through freezing. The pre-mixed calendared sheets of material are easily stored frozen until ready for use at room temperature. After removal from the frozen state, the material progress through the normal room temperature curing cycle.
Tedlar and release paper
These pre-calendared sheets can be adapted to meet varying requirements for thickness and can be die-cut into specific shapes:
- Socomore provides frozen sheets in premeasured thicknesses between 0.04” and 0.1” (0.1 – 2.5 mm). Standard dimensions for a conventional sheet are 7” x 18” (17 x 46 cm). Specific precut sheets, strips and die-cut shapes can be provided upon request.
- The thickness of the frozen sheet chosen should be at least 1/10” (0.25 mm) thicker than the maximum gap measured on the assembly to allow for squeeze-out.
- Drastically reduces recurring cost: material placement, pressure application and cleanup
- Assists in Lean Manufacturing Technology
- Eliminates mixing and associated errors
- Minimizes employee physical contact with uncured epoxy
- Can be die cut to shape to expedite production
- Shims of known thickness for each application
• Shimming gaps and offsets at the assembly level (metal and composites)
• Cast in place shim, forming complex contours on parts machined undersize at detail level
• As a layer, over rough machined parts, eliminating finish machining
• Close tolerance molding to produce accurate and identical parts
• Repair of dents, holes and faring applications
• Economical correction of tooling
• Alignment of heavy machine or motor parts
• Alignment of propulsion systems (marine applications, chocking)