Description of AP 988
Acidic scale deoxidizer used as part of the turbine engine cleaning process. Approved by main aircraft engine OEMs.
AP 988 is used as part of a multi-stage process to assist in the removal of oxides and complex metallic heat scales from jet engine components.316 Stainless Steel Tank Units are recommended for use.
- Use of Agitating Equipment will enhance results.
- AP 988 is a clear liquid blend of organic acids and inhibitors.
- Liquid form provides ease of handling.
- Removes heat scale and metallic oxides.
- Approved for use on high strength or heat resistant alloys.
- Does not contain mineral acids.
- Meets the requirements of ARP-1755B, category 4.
AP 988 is a product from the MagChem range.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation.For industrial use only.
Directions for use
AP 988 is used as a 15-20% volume solution in water at a temperature of 80°-85°C (175-185°F). Parts should be degreased and cleaned prior to immersion. AP-988 is normally used as the acidic scale conditioner in the cleaning process for turbine engine components.Typicaly the sequence would be:1) HDL 202 or HDP-2888 (alkaline deruster)2) AP 988 (acidic descaler)3) HDP 2524 (alkaline permanganate)4) HDL 202 or HDP 2888 (alkaline deruster)5) Corrotek (in-process rust protection)Average immersion times vary from 15 to 30 minutes.Concentration can be maintained by standard titration procedures, in accordance with the method supplied by MagChem Inc.
- AIR FRANCE
- SMI 53094-04
- C04-183 (AS900 engine)
- CoMat 01-542
- PRATT & WHITNEY
- ROLLS ROYCE
- oMat 1/153C
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 70-281 / DMR 70-620
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT LB540 / RTC 70-20-03-280-823
- ENGINE ALLIANCE GP7000