Description of AP 988
Acidic scale deoxidizer used as part of the turbine engine cleaning process. Approved by main aircraft engine OEMs.
AP 988 is used as part of a multi-stage process to assist in the removal of oxides and complex metallic heat scales from jet engine components.316 Stainless Steel Tank Units are recommended for use.
- Use of Agitating Equipment will enhance results.
- AP 988 is a clear liquid blend of organic acids and inhibitors.
- Liquid form provides ease of handling.
- Removes heat scale and metallic oxides.
- Approved for use on high strength or heat resistant alloys.
- Does not contain mineral acids.
- Meets the requirements of ARP-1755B, category 4.
AP 988 is a product from the MagChem range.
- AIR FRANCE
- SMI 53094-04
- C04-183 (AS900 engine)
- CoMat 01-542
- PRATT & WHITNEY
- ROLLS ROYCE
- oMat 1/153C
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 70-281 / DMR 70-620
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT LB540 / RTC 70-20-03-280-823
- ENGINE ALLIANCE GP7000