Description of TECHLUBE HD
Non-flammable water-based heavy duty cable pulling lubricant for underground power cable installations. Provides superior friction reduction, reducing the risk of cable damage.
Techlube HD was specially designed for heavy cables and difficult cable pulls. Provides superior friction reduction between cable and all forms of conduit, including multiple concrete duct. Adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts. Techlube HD is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable cable lubricant suitable for use with electrical and power cables.
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance polymer cable lubricant.
- Strong adhesion to cable/duct provides superior friction reduction.
- Reduced risk of cable damage during the cable pull.
- Regular pulling tension during cable installation.
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slip.
- Retains duct lubrication, allowing additional cable installs/removals in same duct.
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket even when ducts are flooded.
- Temperature stability.
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets.
- No threat to the environment.
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
Techlube HD is a slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant specially formulated to provide the greatest friction reduction possible in high shear, difficult cable placing operations.
• Underground power and telecom cable placement
• High shear, difficult cable pulling installations
• Sub-duct installations
• Duct pre-lubrication
No reportable hazardous substances. Product has extremely low order of acute oral toxicity, but ingestion of large amounts may cause nausea and gastrointestinal irritation.
Storage temperature: ambient. Keep containers closed when not in use.
Based upon data for a similar substance or estimated data, no acute toxicity to aquatic organisms is expected. Care should be taken in any case to ensure compliance with EU, national and local regulations. Combination with other materials may well indicate another route of disposal.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation.
For industrial use only.
Directions for use
The consistency of Techlube HD makes application to the cable by hand, with Prelube Bags, applicator device or lubricator spreader easy and simple. Where large quantities of lubricant are needed, Techlube HD is pumpable.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made. Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable. However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following: Q = 0.0064 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following: Q = 0.0098 x L x D
Where Q = amount of Techlube HD needed in litres
Where L = the total length of the pull in metres
Where D = the inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres