Description of TECHLUBE MULTI
All Techlube lubricants share similar chemistries and characteristics.
Techlube Multi cable lubricant is an all-purpose water-based underground cable installation lubricant for general cable pulling operations. Provides superior friction reduction in high shear, difficult electrical utility and telecommunication cable placing operations between cable and all forms of conduit, including multiple concrete duct. Adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts. Techlube Multi is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable cable lubricant.
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant.
- Superior friction reduction and strong adhesion to cable/duct wall.
- Regular pulling tension.
- Reduced risk of cable damage during the cable installation.
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slipAllows additional cable installs or removals in same duct at a later date.
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket in flooded conditions.
- Temperature stability.
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets.
- No threat to the environment.
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
Techlube MULTI high performance cable lubricant is a slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant for friction reduction in underground cable placing operations.
• Underground utility cable placement
• High shear, difficult cable pulling installations
• Sub-duct installations
• Duct pre-lubrication
No reportable hazardous substances.
Product has extremely low order of acute oral toxicity, but ingestion of large amounts may cause nausea and gastrointestinal irritation.
Storage temperature: ambient.
Keep containers closed when not in use.Based upon data for a similar substance or estimated data, no acute toxicity to aquatic organisms is expected. Care should be taken in any case to ensure compliance with EU, national and local regulations.
Combination with other materials may well indicate another route of disposal.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation.
For industrial use only.
Directions for use
The consistency of Techlube Multi makes application to the cable by hand, with an applicator device or lubricator spreader easy and simple. Where large quantities of lubricant are needed, Techlube Multi is pumpable.
Any attempt to quantify exactly the amount of lubricant that is needed on any individual installation will fall short of being accurate. In general, experience has revealed that some valid assumptions can be made.
Formulas below have been found to be normally acceptable. However, there are field conditions which may require more / less lubricant than the formulas provide. Knowledge of specific local conditions and experience has proven the best judge in these cases.
1. For plastic conduit (PVC, ABS, Polyethylene) use the following: Q = 0.0064 x L x D
2. For multiple concrete, clay tile, fibre cement, fibre filled and wood conduit use the following: Q = 0.0098 x L x D
Where Q = Amount of Techlube Multi needed in litres
Where L = The total length of the pull in metres
Where D = The inside diameter of the individual conduit in centimetres.