Description of TECHLUBE MULTI
All Techlube lubricants share similar chemistries and characteristics.
Techlube Multi cable lubricant is an all-purpose water-based underground cable installation lubricant for general cable pulling operations. Provides superior friction reduction in high shear, difficult electrical utility and telecommunication cable placing operations between cable and all forms of conduit, including multiple concrete duct. Adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts. Techlube Multi is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable cable lubricant.
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant.
- Superior friction reduction and strong adhesion to cable/duct wall.
- Regular pulling tension.
- Reduced risk of cable damage during the cable installation.
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slipAllows additional cable installs or removals in same duct at a later date.
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket in flooded conditions.
- Temperature stability.
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets.
- No threat to the environment.
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
Techlube MULTI high performance cable lubricant is a slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant for friction reduction in underground cable placing operations.
• Underground utility cable placement
• High shear, difficult cable pulling installations
• Sub-duct installations
• Duct pre-lubrication