Description of TECHLUBE PHD
All Techlube lubricants share similar chemistries and characteristics.
Techlube PHD pourable cable lubricant is an underground cable installation lubricant for medium weight and lighter cable pulling operations. Its string and cling consistency adheres perfectly to cables in wet weather and has a resistance to wash off in water filled ducts. Techlube PHD is a non-flammable, non-toxic and substantially biodegradable water-based cable lubricant suitable for use with electrical and telecommunication cables.
- Easy to apply water-based, high performance cable lubricant.
- Superior friction reduction and strong adhesion to cable/duct wall.
- Regular pulling tension and reduced risk of cable damage during the cable installation.
- Dries slowly to form a thin friction reducing film which retains its slip.
- Allows additional cable installs or removals in same duct at a later date.
- Continues to lubricate the cable jacket in flooded conditions.
- Temperature stability.
- Does not contain salt, detergent or grease which can degrade cable jackets and cause hot spots
- No threat to the environment.
- Cable jacket materials tested and passed to specification Insulated Conductor Committee Guide P1210/D10:
- High density Polyethylene
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene
- Natural Rubber
- Chlorinated Polyethylene
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Cross Linked Polyethylene
- Poly-Vinyl Chloride
Techlube PHD is a clean, slow-drying, water-based gel lubricant especially formulated to provide the greatest friction reduction possible in cable placing operations.
• Underground electrical utility and telecommunications cable installations
• Medium weight and lighter cable pulls
• Sub-duct installations
• Duct pre-lubrication