Description of COMORCAP T4551
Liquid aircraft stripper that can be used at room temperature to efficiently remove multiple epoxy and polyurethane coatings, sealants and joints used to seal metal structures.
COMORCAP T4551 is an environmentally friendly paint remover that can be used cold or hot (20 to 60°C / 68 to 140°F). This liquid aqueous product is suitable for the removal of multiple coatings of epoxy or polyurethane. Its main characteristics are:
- Efficient on multiple or thick paint coatings such as alkyd, alkyd-urethane, polyurethane, acrylic epoxy coatings, etc..
- Does not attack ferrous metals, stainless steels, polypropylenes, aluminium.Able to carbon deposits.
- Strictly free from hydrocarbons, chlorinated or aromatic solvents, hexavalent chromium (classified CMR – Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Reprotoxic), phenols (classified CMR – Carcinogenic, Mutagenic, Reprotoxic), NEP (Toxic to Reproduction category 2 according to CLP European Regulation) and NMP (Toxic to Reproduction category 1B according to CLP European Regulation) which means higher safety for users. All components are bio-degradable. As it does not contain chlorinated compounds, the paint waste is classified in a cost effective treatment category.
- The limited solvent volatility helps to maintain the bath in optimum operating conditions. Losses are minimised by an anti-evaporation and odour preventive layer.
- Can be used at room temperature avoiding expensive energy costs.
• Removal by immersion of glycerol-phtalic, alkyd-urethane, polyurethane, epoxy, paints, etc… These are the types of finishes commonly used on aircraft surfaces and engine components such as impeller blades, transfer cases, diffuser cases, wheels and landing gears.
• Removal of coatings, sealants and joints used for the sealing of metal structures.
• Removal from swings, hooks, steel parts to repaint.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet of COMORCAP T4551 and of its components according to local regulation.For industrial use only.
Directions for use
Comorcap T4551 is a complete and ready to use product: it is made of an active layer (Comorcap T4551 Active) and an anti-evaporation layer (ADDICAP 2).TANK EQUIPMENTUse preferably a tank with a tight fitting lid and a ventilation device. The use of a tank with conical bottom is recommended to facilitate cleaning of sludge and paint residues periodically. Replenish with new product to adjust the bath level after removing sludge.For immersion applications, agitation by fluid recirculation pump or low speed paddle will speed up the paint removal process. Avoid excessive agitation of the anti-evaporation layer on th top of the bath ( laminar agitation is most appropriate).BATH PREPARATION AND USEFill the tank with COMORCAP T4551. Pour all contents froml the packaging, ensuring completre evacuation of the anti-evaporation layer.The range of operational temperature is 20 to 40°C (68 to 104°F), depending on the type of paints and their thickness. For better efficiency, the operating temperature can reach 60° C/140°F with a reinforcement of the anti-evaporation layer that should reach at least 20 cm (8 inches). After separation or dissolution of the paint coats, rinse with water pressure jets and/or with an alkaline product of the SOCOCLEAN or SYNCLAIR range.BATH MAINTENANCE Bath levelRegularly and completely drain the sludge in bottom of the tank (choose preferably a conical shaped tank bottom), then add COMORCAP T4551 Active to bring the bath ot its original level.Thickness of the anti-evaporation layerThe thickness of the superficial layer should be maintained or reinforced (20 cm / 8 inches minimum) by adding ADDICAP 2 to prevent the evaporation of the active layer.Activity and performance of the active layerThe alkalinity can be adjusted by the addition of ammonia (concentration 20.5% ±- 1 , specific gravity 0.9220 ±- 0.0032). Monitor the bath using the control test method.