Description of SOCOSTRIP A0102N
Paint remover especially suited to the more easily strippable paints used on aircraft known as “intermediate coats”. Non-corrosive on metallic surfaces (steels, aluminium and magnesium alloys, titanium, etc.).
- SOCOSTRIP A0102N reduces the safety and environmental risks and drawbacks usually linked to removers containing dichloromethane, phenols and chromates or acids.
- The viscosity is adjusted in order to facilitate the application by hand or by means of “airless” apparatus and to effectively cover all surfaces, even if vertical or overhanging.
Materials such as rubbers or plastics are attacked- therefore they must be protected if they are not to be removed.
Use the product in ventilated areas.
Wear eye protection, safety gloves and protective clothing. In case of contamination of the skin, rinse with copious amounts of running water, and afterwards with alcohol, finally apply a hand cream. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with water, bathe with eyewash, and seek medical attention.
Store and transport SOCOSTRIP A0102N in a dry place protected from frost and heat (preferably > 0 °C/32 °F and < 40 °C/104 °F), in the original closed packaging.For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
• SOCOSTRIP A0102N can be manually applied by brushing or by spraying under low pressure (airless). This remover is not compatible with acids- it is not to be used near those products.
• The surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry. It is important to eliminate all soils and greases from the painted surfaces before removal- use suitable cleaners either aqueous or solvent such as SYNCLAIR or DIESTONE.
• The action of the product begins immediately, but the penetration speed depends on the paint type and on the number of layers to be removed. The removal time varies from 5 minutes to several hours.
• If the paint is still adhering 6 or 12 hours after application, remove the product from the substrate by means of non-rigid scrapers and re-apply.
• After paint removal, rinse by water spraying. In the case of aerospace paints containing an “intermediate coat” (with polyamide for example), the upper coat and the intermediate coat are removed, while the primer in direct contact with the substrate remains intact.
• Temperature is an important factor. It is advised to bring the product and surface to ambient temperature : the optimum temperature for use is between 25 and 35° C (77° and 95°F).