Description of SOCOSTRIP A0103N
Hydrogen peroxide activated gel-type aircraft paint remover free from phenols, chlorine & Cr(VI) that efficiently strips all types of paint. Reduces stripping time and number of applications.
SOCOSTRIP A0103N is a new generation paint stripper activated by hydrogen peroxide.
- Free of phenols, chlorine, hexavalent chrome.
- Limits the risks for health, safety and environment usually linked to paint strippers containing dichloromethane, phenols, chromates or acids.
- The viscosity has been adjusted to ease manual application or “airless” spraying and to cover all surfaces perfectly, even vertical or overhanging.
- Controlled evaporation.
SOCOSTRIP A0103N removes all paints. It is particularly adapted for epoxy, polyurethane and alkydurethane paints. It is not corrosive and does not embrittle any aeronautical metal, except magnesium alloy.
Use SOCOSTRIP A0103N with adequate ventilation.
Avoid any contact with skin, eyes and clothing. In case of contact with eyes, flush with plenty of water and seek medical advice. See additional precautions on drum label.
Store and transport SOCOSTRIP A0103N in a dry place protected from frost and heat (preferably > 0 °C/32 °F, and imperatively < 40 °C/104 °F, in the original closed packaging.Use SOCOSTRIP A0103N within 6 months after its fabrication.Warning: Peroxide and organic coumpounds, such as paint flakes, saw dust and cardboards can react and cause heat rise. Collect waste in a polyethylene film, then put it in an appropriated container to cool down the waste temperature. In case of heat rise, sprinkle water can be used to cool down the waste as additional precaution. Follow the local waste disposal process information.For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
• Temperature is an important factor. It is advised to bring the product and surface to ambient temperature- the optimum temperature for use is between 25 and 35 °C (77 and 95 °F).
• A slight separation of the product may occur during storage, but this does not affect its properties.
• The surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry. Eliminate all soils or greases from the painted surfaces before the stripping operation. Use a suitable cleaner from the SYNCLAIR, HYSO or DIESTONE ranges.
• Before starting the work close and mask any openings and any sensitive areas that SOCOSTRIP A0103N may damaged such as composite or polycarbonate parts…
• The product deteriorates quickly in contact with steel, copper and rust. Use plastic or stainless equipment for application and handling.
• Apply the product manually, with a brush or by low pressure spraying (airless) starting from the upper part of the aircraft or part to be treated. We advise applying approximately 1 L / m2, that is to say a thickness of 1000 µ spraying for a maximum efficiency.
• The contact time of the stripper with the surface may vary from 2 to 12 hours depending on the paint system, thickness and/or temperature conditions. SOCOSTRIP A0103N does not dry and remains active during all that time.
• After completion of stripping or after operating for 12 hours, scrap all the paint that is unstuck as well as the stripper residues. Re-apply a new coat if necessary untill all the paint has been totally eliminated.
• At the end, after having scraped the stripper and paint residues, rinse the surface with pressurized water to which you can add SYNCLAIR A/C to facilitate the cleaning operation.
• Prepare the surface with DIESTONE DLS before re-painting.
- AIR CANADA
- Exterior Paint Spec. No. 3135-00-007, Rev D
- AIRBUS France
- IPDA 4241
- Item 12-013A
- BAC 5725, PSD 6-80 / conform to Boeing D6 17487 (excluding immersion corrosion test on magnesium)
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGQT 0.4.2.0252 indice B
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS
- ECA 3106.20
- SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS (formerly MESSIER-DOWTY)
- Conform to PCS 2700 APPENDIX A (excluding immersion corrosion test on magnesium) / PCS 2701 (restrictions)
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 70-129
- CML 12 016A, Maintenance Application Code 09BBA1 / SAE MA 4872 (EADS CCR 2005-66287-DCR/MP)
- AIRBUS Groupe
- AIPI 05.03.005
- MEP 21-016
- HAWKER BEECHCRAFT
- SRM 51-26-01
- PILATUS AIRCRAFT
- AMM P-No. P01-23
- Engineering Repair / Authorization 10-489048-14 REV A- Process Standard 900-1-4
- CML 12-006
- COLLINS AEROSPACE (formerly UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS)
- CPM 5549