Description of SOCOSTRIP A0212
Acid activated gel-type aircraft stripper for all types of paint. Non corrosive on most metallic surfaces.
SOCOSTRIP A0212 removes all paints, and is especially suited to epoxy, polyurethane and alkyd urethane paints. It is non corrosive on most metallic surfaces (steels, aluminium alloys, titanium, etc.) except for magnesium, high strength steel and cadmium plated steel (according to BAC 5804).
- Owing to its formulation, SOCOSTRIP A0212 reduces the safety and environmental risks and drawbacks usually linked to paint removers containing dichloromethane, phenols and chromates.
- The viscosity is adjusted in order to facilitate application by hand or “airless” apparatus, and to effectively cover all surfaces, even if vertical or overhanging.
Keep protected from frost.If the temperature is lower than 0 °C (32 °F), the properties of the product may be altered.
Store and transport SOCOSTRIP A0212 in a dry place protected from frost and heat (imperatively > 0 °C/32 °F and < 35 °C/ 95 °F), in the original closed packaging.Keep away from alkaline products.Use the product in ventilated areas.Wear eye/face protection, safety gloves and protective clothing. In case of contamination of the skin, rinse with copious amounts of running water. In case of projection in eyes, rinse immediately and abundantly with running water.For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
• SOCOSTRIP A0212 is usually applied manually, by brushing or by spraying under low pressure.
• A slight separation of the product may occur during storage, but this does not affect its properties.
• The surfaces to be treated must be clean and dry. It is important to eliminate all soils and greases from the painted surfaces before removal- use suitable cleaners to do so such as SYNCLAIR or DIESTONE.
• Materials such as rubbers or plastics are attacked- therefore they must be protected if they are not to be removed.
• Application time: 1 to 24 hours depending on the temperature and type of paint- re-apply product if the removal time exceeds 6 hours.
• After paint removal, rinse either by water spraying or by means of cleaning diluents DIESTONE or DN 108. In case of rinsing by water spraying, we strongly advise to operate a second rinsing for neutralization (aqueous solution of SYNCLAIR A/C – concentration 2 to 3 %).
• Contact with austenitic stainless steel is authorised (pumps).
• Temperature is an important factor. It is advised to bring the product and surface to ambient temperature- the optimum temperature for use is between 25 and 35 °C (77 and 95 °F).
- MAT 12-012
- tested in accordance with Boeing D6-17487
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS
- ECA 3106.10
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 70-129
- Symbol 0 210 0244 (20 litres)
- CML 12-014 C, Maintenance Application Code 09CBB1 / SAE MA 4872 (EADS CCR 2006-66340-1-DCR/SP)
- SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEM
- PCS 2701 (restrictions)