Description of SOCOSTRIP A4512
Liquid aircraft paint stripper that can be used at room temperature to strip a wide variety of chromate and non-chromate, solvent and water-based paints.
SOCOSTRIP A4512 is an acidic paint stripper, suitable for removing a wide variety of paints from elementary parts.
- It contains no chlorinated solvents, phenol, chromate, ammonia, amine or heavy metals.
- SOCOSTRIP A4512 can be used at room temperature on aluminium, steel or titanium alloys.
- It is not suitable for use on high-strength steel.
For stripping, by immersion, water-based and solvent-based paints, whether chromated or non-chromated, and oil-based, urethane, alkyd, polyurethane and epoxy paints.
Protect from frost.
Do not allow to come into contact with alkaline products.
Wear gloves, aprons, mask and eye protection. In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of tap water. In case of contact with eyes, shower immediately and thoroughly with plenty of tap water.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
SOCOSTRIP A4512 is a complete product, ready-to-use. It is usable at ambient temperature.
• an active layer SOCOSTRIP A4512 ACTIVE,
• an anti-evaporation layer ADDICAP 2 (or OIS-96).
A slight separation of the product may occur during storage at low temperature, but this does not affect its properties. Mix before use to homogenize the product.
EQUIPMENT OF THE TANK:
• SOCOSTRIP A4512 is used in mild steel or stainless steel tanks.
• It is preferable to fit the tank with a sealed cover and/or a ventilation system. Provide a conical bottom with a drain at the lowest point by which sludge and paint waste can be removed periodically.
• After draining, adjust the level of the bath with new product.
• Avoid excessive agitation in the sealing layer on the top of the bath. Foster laminar agitation.
PREPARATION AND USE OF THE BATH:
• Fill the tank with SOCOSTRIP A4512. Drain the contents of the packaging completely in order to empty the oily protection layer.
• The product works at ambient temperature.
• After separation of the paint layers rinse with water, preferably at high pressure. Dry by all appropriate means.
• Always immerse the parts completely under the interface between the stripping solution and the oily protection layer.
Bath maintenance consists of topping up the level, and manual removal of the dirt.
• Bath level: drain the stripping sludge from the (preferably conical) bottom of the container, regularly and totally, and then top up to the initial level by adding SOCOSTRIP A4512 ACTIVE.
• Thickness of the anti-evaporation layer: it is important to maintain or increase the thickness of the superficial oily protection layer (5 cm/2 inches minimum) by the addition of ADDICAP 2 (or OIS-96) to prevent evaporation of the active phase and reduce the smell. This layer may be extended to 20 cm.
• Activity and performance of the active layer : dose the bath according to the method described in the “bath monitoring” protocol.
For steel parts, thoroughly rinse and protect the parts if they are stored long while waiting to be treated /painted.