Description of SKYRESTORE
Formerly Elixair part numbers 306-1, 306-5, 307-1 & 307-5.
SkyRestore is an innovative solution for the quick removal of fully cured sealants and some adhesives. Available in liquid and gel formats for different applications, SkyRestore can be applied to quickly soften sealant from most parts of the aircraft including aircraft structures, fuel systems, nacelles, landing gear and joints for easy removal. The integrated sealant removal system provides speedy results when compared with alternative, traditional cured-sealant removal methods. It is effective on Polysulfide, Polythioether, Silicones and RTV sealants and can be used on most metallic surfaces commonly found in the aerospace manufacturing and maintenance sectors.
- Thixotropic gel version suitable for overhead and vertical applications
- Quickly softens cured sealants & adhesives for removal
- Suitable for use on most metallic surfaces
- For best results, use in conjunction with non-metallic SkyScraper to remove residue
- In comparison with more traditional methods – e.g. mechanical and most chemical removal solutions – SkyRestore saves a lot of time in both application and use
To remove polysulfide, polythioether, silicones and RTV sealants in aerospace manufacturing and maintenance operations. For best results, use with SkyScraper sealant removal tools (see specific TDS).
- BAE SYSTEMS
- Removal of cured sealants on 146/RJ Aircraft
- Conform to D6-17487 / Conform to BAC 5725 section 11,2 (intergranular attack) / BAC 5750
- NSN numbers: 8030-01-466-1648,8030-01-466-4432, 8030-01-466-1649, 8030-01-466-4433, 8030-01-514-9299
- ROLLS ROYCE
- OMAT 1/286
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Thin STM 40-500 TYPE I, class A, EPS/EMAP G32.50 / Thick STM 40-500 TYPE I, class B, EPS/EMAP G32.501
- McDONNELL DOUGLAS
- Conform to CSD#1
- ASTM International
- Conform to ASTM F519 (Hydrogen embrittlement)
- US Military
- UK Ministry of Defense
- HAWK AEDIT: 3C/6850-99-7397555, 33C/6850-99-6167913