Description of DIESTONE DLS
Multi-purpose, powerful solvent cleaner with controlled volatility for surface preparation operations prior to paint, bond and sealant application.
DIESTONE DLS is a solvent composition with controlled volatility and weak odour. It is free from chlorinated hydrocarbons and used as a cleaning agent. The product provides maximum security: it does not contain any teratogenic or carcinogenic components, toluene or ethylene glycol ethers.
- The flash point of 30°C (86°F) is stable in time and remains constant throughout the evaporation duration.
- Very high solvent power which allows excellent cleaning and degreasing of metallic surfaces before painting.
- Non corrosive on metals, including light alloys.
- Efficient reactivation and cleaning of epoxy and polyurethane primers.
- Pleasant odour.
Painting and paint stripping shops, construction and assembly:
• Subsidiary stripper of dry paint films (elimination of polyvinyl primers and nitrocellulose lacquers).
• Removal of felt tip, inks, etc…
• Degreasing of metallic materials, epoxy/carbon composites and thermoplastic materials before painting.
• Cleaning of jointing, sealant and glue application equipment. Removal of excess quantities, marks and runs of jointing products, sealants and glues.
• Degreasing during maintenance operations.
It is recommended to wear suitable gloves because the strong degreasing action of DIESTONE DLS will de-fat the skin. Avoid breathing or swallowing the product. Wear suitable eye protection when handling or using the product. In the case of contact with skin or eyes, rinse immediately and abundantly with water. If work is continuous, it is recommended to install a vapour extraction system at the emission point. DIESTONE DLS must be used and stored in a sufficiently ventilated place, away from flame and heat sources. The product must be protected and kept in the closed original containers. For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
DIESTONE DLS is used as supplied and without dilution at ambient temperature using the following methods: spraying, brushing or swabbing wiping with a cloth or wipe
- LEONARDO (formerly AGUSTA WESTLAND)
- BM110S0004 / STA100-84-51 Rev G
- AIR CANADA
- AIR FRANCE
- FITS 51206-1
- UK: ABP 8-1294
- AIMS 09.03.001 / IPS 09.03.001.04 / I.P DA -62.32 (annex 11) / Maintenance Application code: CML 08BAA9 / CML 11-026D / ASN 42.220 / 80-T-35-0014
- CANADA: A2PS 180-009
- Item 11-026
- BAE SYSTEMS
- R10-6027 / TOR ref.CL25314
- BELL HELICOPTER
- MB 1915 / Spec. BPS 4138
- BAC 5750 Rev. P / Boeing D6-17487 solvent cleaners pre-paint cleaning (pre-saturated wipes) (conforms) / Standard Overhaul Practice Manual 20-30-99 - Solvents for final cleaning of composites prior to structural bonding
- BOMBARDIER CANADAIR
- MPS 180-9 / BAPS 180/009 / AMM 11-031
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGQT 22689
- DE HAVILLAND
- PPS 31.17
- EADS CASA
- Z23149 (liquid form) / Z24942 (presaturated wipes)
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS
- ECA 3131 / La Courneuve : IF-CN18 / Marignane : IF-MA310
- Co.Mat 01-531
- SAFRAN LANDING SYSTEMS (formerly MESSIER-DOWTY)
- PCS-2622 (PV-8329)
- NSN # H1Cl-7930-14-555-4352 (liquid form) / NSN # 6850-01-496-4901 (presaturated wipes)
- 910.21.21.002 (liquid form) / 904.49.73.013 (presaturated wipes)
- PRATT & WHITNEY
- SPMC 193-1 (liquid form) / SPMC 193-2 (presaturated wipes)
- ROLLS ROYCE
- CSS255 TYPE A, D, OMat 1/257Y
- STB 176930
- SS9170-560, amendment #04 (liquid form) / SS8170-681 (presaturated wipes)
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMP 12-300 & 13-300 - DMR 70-710
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT LB 540 / RTC 70-21-02-110-805