Description of SOCOPAC 50S
Aircraft corrosion inhibitor that gives long lasting corrosion protection to commercial and military aircraft materials, spare parts and assemblies in unfavourable climatic conditions.
The film obtained forms a very efficient barrier against all the agents responsible for corrosion (water, oxygen, acids, bases and salts from industrial emissions, tropical atmospheres, etc.).
Its long-lasting corrosion preventive power allows a complete conservation guarantee after application on various materials such as aluminium and alloys, steels, light metals (titanium, magnesium), zinc and galvanized steel, copper and its alloys, cadmium. It can be applied without any risk of attack on painted surfaces, composite materials, plastics, rubbers, Plexiglas and polycarbonates (non crazing).
SOCOPAC 50S has been formulated to offer the highest safety to the users as well as to the pieces to be protected- it is absolutely free of harmful solvents, toluene, xylene or chlorinated compounds.
- After drying SOCOPAC 50S leaves an impervious durable protective film, resistant to temperature differentials, heavy rain, sea air, tropical atmospheres or corrosive industrial atmospheres.
- This film is medium hard, but wax-like and dry to the touch. Thanks to its flexibility, it can absorb slight impacts without damage or crazing. If the scratch is deeper, the capillary activity and polarity properties of the film towards the treated surface prevent the scratch from spreading. This facility of the protection called «self-healing» allows handling of the pieces even after a prolonged storage time, without loss of the protective value of the SOCOPAC 50S film.
- The dry film is intended to resist several years outside and above all to remain stable during this period. It does not suffer air-damage, by exposure to sun or to heat- it is not subjected to any cross linking or polymerisation and can be therefore removed several years after application as easily as the first day.
- Though it has a particularly pronounced hydrophobic quality, SOCOPAC 50S was not designed for the role of a specifically hydrophobic compound. However its capillary properties allow it to protect and repel water in an efficient way any material normally exposed to open air. In cases of humid, enclosed conditions, materials and parts exposed to wide differences in temperature, before protection it is necessary to apply a water-repellent compound such as WADIS 24, or SOCOPAC 25H where a total thickness greater than 50 microns is required, before the SOCOPAC 50S coating.
On account of its formulation in accordance with the aerospace standards, the favourite application field of SOCOPAC 50S is commercial or military aerospace.
It can be applied everywhere corrosion risks, caused by condensation or exposure to salt or corrosive air, require an efficient and controllable temporary protection : landing gear, closed compartments, cabin and toilet floors, load bay interiors, pipe-work, cables, guide rails of containers, etc.
SOCOPAC 50S is free from harmful, chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbons, and is not flammable in normal conditions of use.
However, as for all hydrocarbon-based products, it is important to take the normal precautions for use and store away from flames and heat sources.
Wear gloves during application and eye protection.
Store in the original closed containers, away from heat sources and flames.
Always shake well before use.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
SOCOPAC 50S can be applied by spraying (classic or airless spray gun), by dipping or by brushing. The operator must check that the deposited film is homogeneous and of the correct thickness). For a second layer, allow 2 hours before applying a new coat.
For dipping, it is recommended to dilute SOCOPAC 50S with HYSO 96/1 at a concentration of about 30 %. SOCOPAC 50S must be applied on clean and dry surfaces.
When there is any doubt about the substrate humidity, it is better to apply WADIS or SOCOPAC 25 H. After application of one of these water displacing compounds, leave to dry for 1 to 2 hours before applying the SOCOPAC 50S protection.
SOCOPAC 50S can be removed in different ways depending on the equipment available and local conditions.
1) With cleaning solvents without water rinsing, use HYSO 96/1, or DIESTONE DLS or D, or SOCOSOLV 95/1, or better for accelerated drying: SOCOSOLV 99/1.
2) With cleaning compounds followed by water rinsing: use HYSOMUL MC. After 10 minutes contact, rinse with water (hot water is preferably).
3) With a steam cleaning machine, set the temperature to over 80 °C (176 °F)- some HYSOMUL MC (10 to 20 %) can be added.
- DGA (French Army)
- Fiche identification n° 4203 / AIR 8062 Type I-II (conform)
- IPS 09-08-002-02 Type II (conform) / Maintenance application code 12ACC1 / CML 15-007X
- EADS CASA
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 75-610
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT 00706
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGQT 1.7.0103 Type III (conform)
- LEROY SOMER
- Rapport d'essai et d'homologation A.5/T.001