Description of SOCOPAC 65H
Corrosion inhibiting compound that displaces water and gives long lasting aircraft corrosion protection. Homogeneous coating without runs suitable for use on a wide range of painted and unpainted metals.
SOCOPAC 65H is very effective in reducing corrosion-linked maintenance costs. It gives excellent water-displacement and long lasting anti-corrosion protection. This combination of properties helps to increase the life and reliability of materials, preserve structures and maintain the appearance and quality of new materials. The following examples illustrate the special properties of SOCOPAC 65H.
- New concept 2 in 1:
- very high water displacement performance with continuing water repellence in service*
- long lasting corrosion protection
- The dual function reduces the number of applications required- replacing separate products for water displacement and long term corrosion protection. For example SOCOPAC 25H and SOCOPAC 50S.
- It can be used on a large range of painted or unpainted metals (steels, aluminium and alloys, copper, titanium, cadmium, magnesium, etc.).
- The dry finish of the film makes handling pieces possible.Improved safety in use due to the high flash point.
- Easy, optimised application with comfortable conditions in the absence of mist during spraying. (Using low pressure spraying equipment).
- SOCOPAC 65H provides thorough protection for materials, spare parts or assemblies, in the worst climatic conditions making them absolutely water repellent and forming a very efficient barrier against all agents responsible for corrosion (water, oxygen, acids, alkalis and salts from industrial emissions, acid rain, tropical atmospheres, etc.).
In aerospace, it can be used when risks of corrosion by exposure to sea or corrosive air require an efficient and controllable protection: for landing gear, closed compartments, cabin and toilet under-floors, loading bays, pipe works, cables, container guide rails, etc.
SOCOPAC 65H is compatible with WADIS or SOCOPAC type products.
SOCOPAC 65H is free of chlorinated or aromatic hydrocarbons.
However, as for all hydrocarbon-based products, it is important to take the normal usage and storage precautions: use and store away from flames and heat sources – wear gloves when applying and eye protection when spraying.
Store in the original, tightly closed containers, protected from heat and flames – storage temperatures: from -10 to +50 °C (+14 to +122 °F). If possible bring the product to about 20 °C (68 °F) before application.
Always shake well before use.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
SOCOPAC 65H can be applied by dipping, brush or by spraying (classic spray gun, airless/airmix system), or low pressure spray system, which allows optimisation of application and users’ comfort (no mist during spraying, fine regulation of flow, absence of runs and fat edges).
Low pressure application equipment from KREMLIN with M21 gun for flat surfaces, guns with fine nozzles and curved extensions at 45 °C and 135 °C for more difficult areas.
SOCOPAC 65H is also available in aerosol.
• Types HYSO, SOCOSOLV or DIESTONE (used undiluted at ambient temperature):
Apply the produtct by swabbing, low pressure spraying or by dipping. Let the solvent impregnate the coating and carry out a second application if necessary in restricted access areas.Recover the effluent from the lowest point by emptying or suction.
• HYSOMUL MC, SOCOSOLV A3582 (used undiluted at ambient temperature):
Apply the product by low pressure spraying or by dipping. Once the coating is impregnated, wash with plenty of water, preferably heated to 80° C (176° F). Recover the effluent from the lowest point by emptying or suction.
• SOCOCLEAN PC1:
Into circulation systems and application equipment for SOCOPAC 65H application. In all cases, consult the technical data sheets of the relevent products. Take the same measures as painting if spraying on the internal sides of a compartment.
All the equipment usually employed for cleaning under pressure can be used, provided the instructions on the product technical data sheets are respected and the situation is appropriate.
For further information, contact the following distributors: KREMLIN, GRACO, WAGNER, KARCHER, etc.
- AIR FRANCE
- FITS 93044-04
- Item 05-027Q
- BMS 3-35 and 3-29 (NTO) (conform)
- BOMBARDIER CANADAIR
- BAMS 565-006 Type I,II, IV (conform)
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGQT 1.7.0.0103 Rev A
- EADS CASA
- ROLLS ROYCE
- oMat 1082
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 75-621
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT 00706
- AIMS 09.08.003 type III Gr.2, IPS 09-08-003-01 / Maintenance application code 12ADB1 / CML 15-009X
- CMS-CT-503 (conform)
- VIKING AIR
- VAMS 565-006 Type I,II,IV