Description of SOCOMASK PRT18
SOCOMASK PRT18 is a hand-peelable protective coating developed to protect surfaces during chemical milling.
This product has been especially formulated to provide the following properties and performance:
- High solids content in order to reduce solvents emission and make the application of thick layers easier with conventional spraying systems (airless, pneumatic) or by dipping.
- Exceptional chemical resistance which offers a solution to most of the chemical protection problems : alkaline machining bath from 60 to 110 ° C (140 to 230 ° F), chromic-sulphuric mixture bath, hydrofluoric acid bath, detergent solution, etc., even with only 150 to 200 microns dry thickness.
- Resistance to shocks during forming and degreasing processes as well as storage, transport and various handling operations.
- Protection of pieces against corrosion and splashes of acid or alkaline chemicals.
- Resistance to temperature and very easy peeling, even after all chemical processes, exposure to bad weather and corrosive atmospheres.
- SOCOMASK PRT18 when applied in sufficient thickness is easy to peel off, even after machining cycles.
SOCOMASK PRT18 contains solvents – prolonged exposure to concentrated vapours as well as contact with the skin are to be avoided.
Use suitable ventilation.
Keep sheltered from sun and heat sources.
In case of ingestion, move the patient to fresh air and call a doctor.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
The product can be applied with an airless or pneumatic spray gun, hot or cold, by automation or by hand, under normal industrial climatic conditions (temperature 10 to 30° C / 50 to 86° F, 20 to 90 % relative humidity), or by immersion.
After a long storage, the product must be stirred, it is most important to avoid the incorporation of air. Check the homogeneity before use.
Pieces to be covered must be perfectly clean – if necessary use DIESTONE cleaners.
Spray in conditions without air turbulence or extreme heating.
HOT AIRLESS OR PNEUMATIC SPRAYING:
• Equipment: GRACO, KREMLIN or NORDSON
• Temperature: 60 to 80° C (140 to 176° F) in the heater
• Pressure of the pump: 160 to 200 bars
• Application distance: from about 300 to 700 mm
• Number of layers: 2 or 3 according to the required thickness.
• Drying time between 2 coatings: 15 minutes minimum
• The first coating must be thin: 100 microns maximum
COLD AIRLESS OR PNEUMATIC SPRAYING:
Same general application conditions as for hot spraying, except for temperature and drying time (minimum drying time between layers: 15 minutes).
According to the required thickness, increase the number of immersions (100 microns after a 15 seconds dipping). Minimum drying time between layers: 1 hour minimum.