Description of SOCOMASK T2242
SOCOMASK T2242 is a hand-peelable protective coating developed to protect surfaces during chemical milling.
This product has been especially formulated to provide the following properties and performances:
- High solids content in order to reduce solvents emission and make the application of thick layers easier with conventional spraying systems (airless, pneumatic) or by dipping.
- Exceptional chemical resistance which offers a solution to most of the chemical protection problems: alkaline machining bath from 60 to 110 °C (140 to 230 °F), chromic-sulphuric mixture bath, hydrofluoric acid bath, detergent solution, etc., even with only 150 to 200 microns dry thickness.
- Resistance to shocks during forming and degreasing processes as well as storage, transport and various handling operations.
- Protection of pieces against corrosion and splashes of acid or alkaline chemicals.
- Resistance to temperature and very easy peeling, even after all chemical processes, exposure to bad weather and corrosive atmospheres.
- SOCOMASK T2242 when applied in sufficient thickness is easy to peel off, even after machining cycles.