Description of SOCOCLEAN A2711
SOCOCLEAN A2711 is a ready for-use acid cleaning agent for aluminium pre-treatment. It removes soils, greases and oils and prepares surfaces before applying a protection such as SOCOGEL or paint. It does not damage the colour of aluminium nor its appearance – it has a deoxidizing action.
The viscosity is adjusted to ease hand appplication or “airless” spraying and to cover all vertical or overhanging surfaces thoroughly. The product is visible on surfaces, it does not dry and can be easily rinsed. The aluminium cleaned and treated with SOCOCLEAN A2711 retains a break free water film for more than 30 seconds which is necessary for a solgel application.
SOCOCLEAN A2711 is easy to use, non flammable and non corrosive. It is free of chromic acid, chromate and fluoride.
SOCOCLEAN A2711 is used to prepare aluminium alloy surfaces before painting or sol-gel application.
• The product can be applied by spraying or by brushing.
• It may be used on large surfaces and also for retouching operations on limited areas.
• It is used during manufacture of aluminium parts or during maintenance or repair operations of damaged surfaces.
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
• Mask the areas that are not to be treated. Use a masking and application equipment resistant to solvents and acids.
• Apply the product by spraying the area from bottom to top.
• Apply a layer thickness sufficient enough to prevent the product from drying in ambient air.
• Let the product to react from 20 to 40 min ideally between 18 to 25 °C (64-77 °F). The film drying does not affect the product efficiency but the rinsing will be more difficult.
• Rinse the surface with water. The surface treated this way should give a water break-free film for 30 seconds or more. In case of water breaks occurring on occasional spots, degrease with IPA/water solution.
Advised product line:
1. Cleaning with DIESTONE DLS or DIESTONE A8284 solvent
2. Deoxidation with SOCOCLEAN A2711
3. Water rinsing
4. Sol-gel SOCOGEL B0202
5. Paint systems