Description of HDL-202
Heavy duty alkaline liquid that removes carbon deposits, complex metallic oxides and heat scale from hot sections of jet engines during aircraft maintenance operations. Consistent performance, even as bath ages.
HDL-202 conditions adherent scale for complete removal in subsequent processes such as scale oxidation in an alkaline permanganate bath and scale removal in an acid bath.
304 or 316 Stainless Steel Tank Unit is recommended for use.
HDL-202 is a viscous liquid blend of strong alkalies and chelants.
- Helps strip rust and paint in one operation.
- Highly effective as a remover of metallic oxides and heat scale.
- Approved for use on high-strength or high heat-resistant alloys.
- No hydrogen embrittlement.
- Can be used for quick cleaning of titanium.
HDL-202 is a product from the MagChem range.
- C04-0052 (TPE, TFE & APU engines), C04-184 (AS900 engines)
- CoMat 01-417
- (US DoD) NSN# 6850-20-005-3884
- PRATT & WHITNEY
- ROLLS ROYCE
- oMat 173N
- SAFRAN AIRCRAFT ENGINES (formerly SNECMA)
- DMR 70-125 / DMR 70-620
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT LB 540 / RTC 70-20-03-280-811
- ENGINE ALLIANCE GP7000