Description of SOCOSURF A1855
SOCOSURF A1855 is a gel-type acidic waterbased deoxidizer for the treatment of aluminium before painting and bonding operations. It is specially formulated to optimise surface preparation that contributes to improve adhesion and anticorrosion properties of paint systems – specially chromate-free ones.
SOCOSURF A1855 main characteristics are :
- Thixotropic product.
- Ready-to-use product.
- Easy to apply and to rinse.
- As it is solvent-free, fluoride-free, chromate-free and low-VOC emissions, the product handling and waste treatment are easier and lower cost. It complies with current environmental and safety requirements.
- To be used at ambient temperature to reduce energy cost linked to tank warming.
- To reinforce anticorrosion and adhesion properties of paint systems, a SOCOGEL sol-gel should be applied after SOCOSURF A1855
SOCOSURF A1855 has been formulated to be applied on aluminium alloys:
• for painting operations in aircraft maintenance (Maintenance Repair Overhaul) after paint stripping (fuselage, wings, etc.) or for local repairs.
• for painting operation in aerospace detailed parts manufacturing. It is an alternative to deoxidizers used in hot immersion or spraying.
• for final painting operations in aircraft manufacturing (fuselage, wings, etc.).
- AMS 3095 together with SOCOGEL B0202/SOCOGEL A0203 BLUE and Mankiewicz paint system [SEEVENAX H/S-CF Primer 113-44, ALEXIT H/S-Basecoat 411-22, Clearcoat: ALEXIT Clearcoat 411-14] (conform to)