Description of SOCOSURF A1858/A1806
REACh compliant Cr(VI) and fluoride free aluminium surface treatment. Etches, de-smuts and deoxidizes aluminium and its alloys after alkaline treatment. Stable etch rate and consistent performance, even as the bath ages.
- The SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 bath is used by immersion. For use by spraying, refer to the TDS of “SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 WS” mix.
- It is especially suited for use prior to chromic conversion or solgel treatment such as SOCOGEL, anodising, penetrant inspection, chemical milling, bonding and welding operations.
- SOCOSURF A1858 can be used alone when the subsequent treatments are not critical.
- As it is free from hexavalent chromium and fluoride ions product handling and waste treatment are easier and lower cost. It complies with current environmental and safety requirements.
- The absence of fluoride provides a homogeneous attack on alloys and provides stability to the bath and its performance.
- SOCOSURF A1858 is the acid concentrated part for setting up the etching deoxidizing bath.
- SOCOSURF A1806 is the part essential to give all its characteristics to the treatment bath.
- All the bath active components can be readjusted either by adding products used for the setting up or by adding SOCOSURF A1850 or SOCOMUL TA to lengthen the bath life and maintain its performance.
- SOCOSURF A1850 is an acid additive.
- SOCOMUL TA is an additive which allows readjustment of the the bath surface tension.
[Article] Chromate and Fluoride Free Aluminium Deoxidizers
[Article] EHS Issues with Traditional Aluminium Deoxidizing Solutions
[Article] Deoxidizer with a Triple BOMBARDIER, BOEING and AIRBUS Qualification
For more information regarding the danger of the product, please consult the product safety data sheet according to local regulation before using SOCOSURF A1858, A1806, A1850 and SOCOMUL TA. For industrial use only.
Directions for use
The tank, pumps and pipes must be made of stainless steel 316 L or acid resistant plastic. The SOCOSURF A1858/A1806 bath is not compatible with lead.
BATH CONCENTRATION FOR SETTING-UP:
SOCOSURF A1858 = 30 to 50 %
SOCOSURF A1806 = 6 to 15 %
Demineralised water = 35 to 64 %
• Fill the tank up to 40 % in volume with demineralised water at ambient temperature.
• Start the bath agitation.
• Add the calculated volume of SOCOSURF A1858.
• Add the calculated volume of SOCOSURF A1806.
• Top up with the remaining demineralised water to the required volume.
Be careful to avoid splashes when adding product.
Before SOCOSURF A1858/1806 treatment, degrease parts in a degreasing bath type SOCOCLEAN A3432.
• The SOCOSURF A 1858/1806 bath is used by immersion between 40 °C and 60 °C (104 °F and 140 °F).
• The contact time varies from 1 to 10 minutes according to alloy and metal.
• Agitate the bath to improve the process (mechanical or air agitation).
• Rinse with recirculated water and/or demineralised water. A final rinsing with demineralised water can be carried out.
PROCESS TO USE SOCOSURF A1858/A1806:
• Scenario 1
Alkaline degreasing SOCOCLEAN A3432 > rinsing > alkaline treatment > rinsing > SOCOSURF A1858-A1806 > Rinsing > Treatment (chromic conversion, anodising, etc.).
Alkaline degreasing SOCOCLEAN A3432 > rinsing > SOCOSURF A1858-A1806 > Rinsing > Treatment (chromic conversion, anodising, etc.)
- AIRBUS France
- IPDA 62-03, 62-16, 62-02, 62-21, 62-23, 27-05
- AIRBUS UK
- BAC 5765 PSDS 6-235
- DASSAULT AVIATION
- DGQT 0.4.2.0027 indice U
- EADS CASA
- AIRBUS HELICOPTERS
- ECA 3135.35 (Socosurf A1806), ECA 3135.20 (Socosurf A1858), ECA 3135.10 (Socosurf A1850)
- SAFRAN HELICOPTER ENGINES (formerly TURBOMECA)
- CCT 00508, CCT 00608
- AIRBUS Groupe
- AIPI 02-01-003, 02-01-002, 02-05-001
- Pr-1030, Pr-1038
- BAPS 180-032 rev B
- THALES ALENIA SPACE
- PILATUS AIRCRAFT
- Procedure VV 0602 – 10 D