Containing an organic active ingredient dissolved in a petroleum distillate totally free of aromatic solvents, WADIS 5/85 is a high performance water-repellent lubricating fluid suitable for use on all painted or unpainted metallic substrates, electric motors and internal combustion engines exposed to moisture or corrosive atmospheres. It is a VOC FREE product, compliant with Directive 1999/13/EC.
The water-repellent action of WADIS 5/85 is both preventive and curative:
- Applied preventively, WADIS 5/85 forms a thin waterproof and water-resistant film that protects metal surfaces from chemical and physical attack, preventing corrosion.
- Applied on wet surfaces, WADIS 5/85 is attracted by capillarity and surface tension at the same time. The water-repellent film is formed instantly and replaces the film of water, making the treated surface permanently water-repellent.
- A homogenous mixture, Wadis 5/85 will not separate, even at low temperatures. It can be applied, by spray or immersion, on all surfaces, including those that are highly healed (motors or bearing boxes for example).
- WADIS 5/85 is suitable for use on paint, plastics and elastomer (rubber), and will not cause 'crazing' on polycarbonates and plexiglass.
- WADIS 5/85 effectively protects metals and alloys, steel, aluminium, magnesium, titanium and copper alloys.
- WADIS 5/85 is compatible with lubricating oils and greases used on mechanical parts, and does not have to be removed prior to lubricating operations.
- In addition to its water-repellent properties, WADIS 5/85 is a penetrating oil particularly effective for disassembling mechanical assemblies. It does not contain any environmentally hazardous organometallic compounds (barium, cadmium or molybdenum).