Purchasing projects are part of the SOCOMORE Group strategy and ensure that our suppliers are qualified, and the products/services they supply are qualified and available at the best cost, lead-time, quality standards, terms and conditions in order to support the SOCOMORE Group’s operations and innovation.
Formulator of Specialty Chemicals for 50 years, SOCOMORE ensures and develops its activity thanks to a long term partnership with its suppliers in a perennial relationship rich in co-constructed solutions. This partnership is essential for the sustainability of SOCOMORE's offer to its customers.
The objective of our Purchasing policy is to guarantee the availability of products and services according to the technical requirements of our customers' specifications, while regularly increasing the positive impacts in terms of social and environmental responsibility and contributing to the economic sustainability of our activity.
SOCOMORE pursues its will to be a positive and reliable actor in its purchasing practices, in order to offer its customers sustainable, innovative and user/planet friendly solutions. SOCOMORE ensures a long-lasting, balanced, and ethical collaboration with its Suppliers-Partners, based on mutual trust.
Our commitments to our suppliers and responsible partners:
- To perpetuate an ethical relationship, based on mutual trust and balance, thus sharing our successes in a sustainable manner.
- Provide visibility on our needs throughout the life cycle of our products by integrating the use of digital tools to increase efficiency.
- Ensure our economic commitments to our suppliers by ensuring the financial health of the Group.
- To proliferate purchasing decision-making which favours of environmental and societal issues.
- Be attentive to innovations proposed by our suppliers on products or relationships and implement them when collectively agreed.
- Controlling the risk of mutual dependency.
Why become a SOCO supplier?
- Develop a relationship with a reliable and secure customer
- Participate and share in Socomore’s international growth
- Offer a wide range of products and services in response to Socomore’s various axes: surface preparation, surface treatment and control, etc.
- Benefit from access to the global aerospace market
- Be involved in project development and product/service life
The commitments expected from our responsible suppliers and partners:
- Quality and compliance throughout the product/service life cycle.
- Proactive monitoring and communication of the sustainability of product/service offerings.
- Development of innovative products and processes with a lower environmental impact.
- Continuous improvement of products and services provided in terms of safety, quality, cost, and timeliness, contributing to our global deployment.
- Digitalisation of data exchanges to increase the fluidity and efficiency of the partnership.
- The promotion of and respect for the ethical rules of the 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact (Global Impact), such as respect for human rights, the fight against corruption, the protection of people and the environment.
The Purchasing policy is based on three axes:
- Guarantee the availability of innovative products that comply with the various regulation.
- Sourcing and approving products and/or services in compliance with QHSE requirements and reciprocally fuelling the innovation of our product developments.
- To evaluate factually and jointly the performance of our reciprocal relationship in order to guarantee a quality of products/services at the market level and in the long term.
- Identify risks with our Suppliers and Partners in order to jointly reduce such risks to guarantee our customers the supply and use of controlled solutions.
- Continue and increase our responsible purchasing approach.
- Orient our sourcing towards products from "Green Technology*" enabling us to reduce our environmental impact and broaden our product offering in line with our customers' needs.
- Increase the proportion of our purchases of products from renewable or plant-based resources, recyclable, recycled and reusable products.
- Promote frugal purchasing in transport and packaging. DOC 2.4-447 POLITIQUE ACHATS Indice A Date 12/2021 Page 2 sur 2
- Respect our commitments to our suppliers and partners and contribute to the development of the region.
- Share our respective roadmaps, acting concretely for the benefit of our mutual social and environmental responsibility.
- Guarantee our competitiveness with our customers.
Contract with Suppliers and Partners capable of supporting us in a competitive market in terms of technical performance, lead time and cost.
Our strong partnership with our suppliers is essential to the sustainability and development of our offer to our customers and therefore essential to make the SOCOMORE offer an opportunity and success for our suppliers.
*Green Technology: from the raw material to the finished product through implementation processes with a reduced environmental impact.
We are looking for different materials for our 4 R&D poles:
aqueous corrosion inhibitors, biosurfactants, inorganic salts, hydrotropes
silanes, corrosion inhibitors, elastomers, resins
Adhesives & Sealants
neat resins, curing agents, fillers, rheology additives
VOC free solvents, green corrosion inhibitors, biosurfactants, thixotropic agents