As a result of Socomore’s acquisition of Elixair International Ltd, which included an exclusive worldwide licence for plastic scrapers, Socomore can supply an enhanced variety of solutions, tools and equipment to remove cured / semi-cured sealants.
These products complement our existing range of pre-saturated wipes and surface cleaning solutions, and customers can now avail of a complete surface cleaning system with products for each stage of the operation: sealant application, sealant removal and surface cleaning, including:
- BOEING and AIRBUS approved SkyScrapers, re-sharpenable plastic scrapers that remove cured sealant and adhesives
- The SkyMill Revolution and SkyEdgit sharpening devices that allow in-situ sharpening of fluted SkyScrapers
- A selection of ergonomic accessories, grips and handles for operator comfort and safety
- SkySpatulas, SkySpreaders and SkySmoothers for the easy application of sealants, adhesives and liquid shim materials
- Chemical solutions such as SkyRestore to break down the resistance or bond within the sealant, making it easy to remove
- A large range of pre-saturated wipes and surface cleaning solutions that now includes SkyWash and SkyWipes
3M, the previous distributor of Elixair products, will cease distribution on January 1st 2018. Socomore will then take over 3M’s customers for the Sky Family product range, and will continue to develop product sales worldwide at the main aerospace OEM and MRO providers, through our existing network of international subsidiaries and partners.
From now, any orders for Elixair products will need to be placed with Socomore directly:
Ireland, UK: Socomore Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Phone: +353 214 88 99 22
Asia: Socomore China, Shanghai, China
Phone: +86 21 58131133 190
All other countries: Socomore France, Elven, France
Phone: +33 (0)297 437 690
If you have any queries, please contact your usual Socomore representative, or contact us.